Where's the "Change"

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Arnie, Jan 28, 2009.

1. A nation of fucking whinos whining. Instead of whining and waiting for the next guy to take care of the mess, why don't you take some fucking responsibility and take action?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GSc-xkRRDrQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GSc-xkRRDrQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yes I'm talking to *YOU*

Get off your fucking couch and stop stuffing your face for a few minutes.

Stop whining and go have a chat with your representative.

#41     Jan 29, 2009

2. and WHERE, WHERE, WHERE is the Batman

that's what the Joker asked.....

what a wonderful movie to parody live events...

where were these Jokers when all their failed economic, demogogery and tax-cuts to (off shore American jobs) all these corporations failed after 8 years in office?

I know, in fact we all know, and we are all watching, all these announced job cuts as a direct result of those failed economic policies after 8 years of being in office and having their way...

so, all that can happen is what is happening,

arguments that seem to have logic and substance but are worse than hollow and offer nothing but gridlock....

I don't talk politics, just economics, and this is where that topic overlaps both areas, but it is obvious to the average (now or soon to be unemployed American) that whatever their affiliation, the most worthless, argumentative, illogical, cynical and ideological cold hearted but well intentioned in the bunch are really showing just what they're worth to all....

whew, and I got through that without name calling, (what an accomplishment)

hey, according to one of their leading representatives, who traveled the country, kept saying: "and the economy is fundamentally sound"

hey, four (4) more years...

#42     Jan 29, 2009
  3. Interesting point....
    Sometime I forced to believe two parties systems are THE system all (?!) wants, as media and politicos always repeat (until worn-out) in my country...
    Sometime I cynical believe it is because seems the best method to subdivide moderats... and changing all thus nothing change ("If we want things to stay as they are, things have to change.", wrote long ago a wise man, Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa, in "The Leopard").

Never saw any real discussion about this kind of issues, though.
    Maybe looking around for an election system which foster political competition and not only change (as two-parties systems often do) is a damned question, maybe because the system is then less controllable?
    Or simply people are not interested in the mechanism of democracy?
    They use it as a car, without understanding the difference between a 4WD and a 2WD, until some uncommon adventure (ice, mud) taught them the hard way?

#43     Jan 29, 2009
  4. There will never be any change. It's all just a "good ole boys club". Government/Corporations are the playground for them. If they're not in an elected office, they're in an appointed office. If they're not running some corporate giant, they're on the board of another. Blink your eyes and they shift again.

#44     Jan 29, 2009
  5. Yes. Thank you for asking.

#45     Jan 29, 2009
  6. It is easy to come up with the solution, the transition will be hard, but the problem has to faced, instead of bandaged up.

Fix the monetary system, cut down government about 75%, cut down taxes, bring down the over-inflated cost of living (due to regulation, taxes, money supply growth, lawyer parasities) and start rebuilding this nation's production & manufacturing. Let communities rebuild each other without Big Brother interfering in everything.

Hard currency would actually be a good decision right, to stop the devaluation of the dollar.

#46     Jan 29, 2009
  7. LMAO!!!
    :D

Yeah, George Sr. really did a nice job on the Economy in the last part of his term.
    Guess you weren't around for THAT Recession, either.
    Like Father, like Son.

You are such a joke.

#47     Jan 29, 2009
  8. Actually, I know of a few commodity traders who traded those markets back in the 70's and they LOVED JIMMY!

Can you say LIMIT up!
    :D

#48     Jan 29, 2009
  9. Which country are you speaking of?
    Seems the description of my country (Hollywood sells a different image of USA).
    Before measures like biometric passports, introduction of which pushed me to let someone else travel to US, I longly travelled in the South and New England States, and a little in MidWest and California, trying to understand people, their belief, and customs. Mostly midddle class, though.
    Never had any clue (but some opinion of people I was speaking to) about a situation like you describe. Most of them really believe in the "Land of Opportunity". Could you give to me some evidence, or even only clues, about how spread it is the situation you're describing?

#49     Jan 29, 2009
  10. We need more stimulus, Obama

#50     Jan 29, 2009