Where's the best place to buy a new computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pookie, Oct 13, 2011.

1. pookie

pookie

Thanks, Pekelo.

So, I guess the answer is, you can't buy a computer anywhere where it doesn't come with a load of crap on it.

#41     Oct 14, 2011
  2. pookie

pookie

hmm...is dell in a good phase or a bad phase right now?

#42     Oct 14, 2011
  3. pookie

pookie

What if there's a problem with the computer? Perhaps not as trustworthy.

#43     Oct 14, 2011

4. the more memory you have the more files superfetch caches. more memory is a no brainer for performance with W7 and the low low memory prices today.

#44     Oct 14, 2011
  5. You can get Square Trade Warranty on lots of items purchased on eBay.. even used ones.

If you want the best warranty, get a new computer with 3-yr warranty.. like Dell Outlet, Lenovo, HP Workstations.

#45     Oct 14, 2011
  6. i don't have the info.

read message boards. if everybody is complaining about dell it is probably time to buy one soon.

#46     Oct 14, 2011
  7. If you get a Dell Precision, probably doesn't matter. It's not like all components are "going to shit". None known at this time, but if there were a problem affecting a certain component, the 3-yr warranty would cover you. And... the warranty service/tech support on Dell Precision is EXCELLENT!!

Notice I said, "Dell Precision"... they have been EXCELLENT for me, and I currently have 5 of them in my home network... all other Dell models in my experience and from reading are merely average.

#47     Oct 14, 2011
  8. Mr_You

Mr_You

Lenovo from what I've read.

People say about other manufacturers that you can just "reinstall", but I've only heard from a couple folks who said the reinstall didn't reinstall the crapware.

Actually I was checking Lenovos refurbished/outlet site and there were better deals for new machines.

Apple always seems to have decent deals on refurbished machines, but if you're interested in a Mac, beware there are new MacBook Pros right around the corner.

#48     Oct 14, 2011
  9. Scataphagos has already given you the best recommendation.

#49     Oct 15, 2011
  10. Dell Outlet has a T3500, 12GB RAM, W3565 CPU.. Scratch and Dent.. for $809. Somebody needs to snatch that one up right away.

Don't worry about the Scratch and Dent... usually very minor.. and if it's too bad, you can return the unit for full refund. Dell usually knocks another $60-$100 off for Scratch and Dent. Has full, 3-yr warranty.

#50     Oct 15, 2011