Where's PETA now???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TM_Direct, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Just heard on the news that the 58 or so dogs taken from Mike Vicks home are scheduled to be humanely destroyed if they are not claimed or adopted by Friday.......not one dog has been adopted.

2. They are too busy picketing somewhere else.

3. Peta doesn't mess with da brother or--- da sista for that matter. Imagine some peta protestors tossing some paint on a sista's fur? Pop a cap in they ass.

4. Magna

Magna Administrator

From an Associated Press story...

More than 50 pit bulls seized from Michael Vick's property face a Thursday deadline to be claimed. If no one comes forward, they could be euthanized.

"There's no dispute over who owns the dogs," said Daphna Nachminovitch, a spokeswoman for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. "Obviously this is not going to be a process where someone steps forward and says, 'This is my dog, can I have her back, please?' "

"These dogs are a ticking time bomb," she said. "Rehabilitating fighting dogs is not in the cards. It's widely accepted that euthanasia is the most humane thing for them."

The locations of the shelters holding the dogs haven't been disclosed out of concern that the animals could be stolen, Nachminovitch said. "They are a hot commodity in the world of dogfighting."

5. maxpi

maxpi

Who is going to adopt mistreated Pit Bulls? The dog fight people aren't going to go and get them, too high profile, people in their right minds are not going to take them home to play with their kids.

This Pit Bull thing is nuts. I find all sorts of "we love pit bull" sites, what is up with that? Destroy all Pit Bulls and Rotweilers and dog attacks drop 80% overnight. Easy problem to solve, no political will to do it.. There were two hospitalizations in the news recently from Pit Bull attacks, a mail carrier got his face ripped up so bad they are feeding him through a tube and planning reconstructive surgery. Typically the frigging owners have paid fines for the same dog attacking somebody previously, that is what gets me..

Basically the PB owners are nuts as far as I am concerned. If I have to kill a PB I'll do it, if the owner threatens me after that he's next...

6. I think Max has some anger issues!!!!

..But i agree with him...Pit bulls seem to have a greater propensity for going nuts and attacking not only others..but often their own owner...they should just ban them altogether.

7. I tend to agree. I've heard all the explanations that it's the owners, not the dog, etc but people aren't getting killed by yellow labs or golden retrievers. And if it saves even one child's life, isn't it worth it? We get that from the liberals anytime one of their programs is opposed, but this time there is some truth to it.

It is somewhat ironic that the animal rights people are apoplectic because Vick and his crew killed a few dogs, but now they are going to kill ten times as many. Humanely of course.

8. Public records released by the State of Virginia show that PETA itself has killed over 14,400 dogs and cats since 1998, including 90 percent of the animals it took in for "adoption" in 2005. The accidental deaths of a small number of animals pale in comparison to PETA's much larger (and intentional) angel-of-death program.
    Documents relating to PETA's animal-killing program can be found at www.PETAkillsAnimals.com. In sworn testimony during the January 2007 animal-cruelty trial of two PETA employees, a PETA manager acknowledged that the organization has a walk-in freezer for the purpose of storing dead pets. She also acknowledged that PETA contracts with a Norfolk-area crematory service to dispose of the dead bodies, which measure over a ton each month.

"It's astonishing but true," said Center for Consumer Freedom Director of Research David Martosko. "PETA kills animals by the thousands. Why anyone continues to take this bunch of hypocrites seriously is beyond me."

Martosko continued: "PETA's president acknowledges that her group could stop playing Dr. Kevorkian with America's pets and 'become a no-kill shelter overnight.' Of course, that would mean PETA could no longer afford to spend millions harassing pet food companies, restaurants, or medical researchers. That would be fine by us."

cont on link..

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/pressRelease_detail.cfm?release=195

9. The dogs are headed to Mexico and or China, in parts, via a slaughterhouse