Where's Maverick? Bush behind Kerry in Polls now?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Error 404, Jan 25, 2004.

1. The one thing I agree with you about is that it will be a nasty and dirty election. That has increasingly become the face of the Democrat party. Character assassination and smears have replaced reasoned argument. Lying about matters of objective fact is taken as normal behavior. Inventing historical factoids and repeating them endlessly in some sort of pseudo-religious ritual has replaced serious thinking.

Don't believe me? I just heard both Kerry and Edwards defame Judge Pickering as basically a supporter of cross burnings and the KKK. In fact, he tesitified against the Klan leader at considerable personal risk, and sought a lesser sentence for one man who was tangentially involved in a cross burning in which he received a 7 year sentence while the two guys who did the actual burning got 6 monyh sentences.

Wesley Clark has said repeatedly he was always against the war. Turns out he testified in Congress in favor of it. Did he think they would just forget? Also, he makes the absurd argument that the Kosovo war he "led" was totally justified even without UN approval, but that Iraq was not.

As for inventing facts, I know you yearn for the glory days of Watergate, evne the made-up Iran contra "scandal", back in the days when people actually believed the media and there was no alternative media to keep the record straight. And Florida, oh yeah what a scandal. The Republicans actually expected the law to be followed. That was certainly mean-spirited and divisive of them. If they had just kept quiet and let the Dem's keep recounting banana-republic style, Gore would have won eventually. Particularly after they threw out all the military absentee ballots.

#11     Jan 26, 2004
  2. You don't get it. Haven't you seen how the media refuses to really go after Bush? Nothing even remotely like the stuff they did to Clinton, and Bush has much dirtier laundry to air (policitcally). The liberal media was a myth and now even the myth is history. The oligarchy controls the media now and the control gets tighter all the time. Bye bye democracy, as the fourth estate becomes a tool of the right.

Of course Bush will get re-elected...no other outcome will be allowed.

m

#12     Jan 26, 2004
  3. Bubble redux.

All is sooooo rosy. Read this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/25/magazine/25SEXTRAFFIC.html

m

#13     Jan 26, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

This is the best news I heard all day. Now I've got the media on my side and you are saying Bush is a lock to win in 2004. I'm going to go out and celebrate. Maybe we can get even lower taxes now and who knows, maybe we can start shutting down those genocide clinics, I mean Planned Parenthood. And just when I thought some liberal might get elected and open this country up to every terrorist attack under the sun, at least I know now that I'll have someone that will actually stand up to all those arabs that want to turn our country into a wasteland. Thanks Mackie for the good news, I really appreciate it. You really made my day!

#14     Jan 26, 2004
  5. OH GIVE ME A BREAK!!! AND YES, I'M SHOUTING!!!

This is truly one of the most assinine posts on politics I've ever read in my LIFE. The right OWNS the underhanded, dirty tricks, scummy side of politics. Sheesh. Look at the the unbelieveable crap they pulled during the Clinton administration. For the right, THE END JUSTIFIES THE MEANS, and any means are OK, even if they are destructive of our democracy.

m

#15     Jan 26, 2004
  6. A banana republic is exactly what the right is turning the US into. And the Florida debacle is a good example of the misuse of power, from the Bush family connections and republican state govt. to the Supreme Courts.

m

#16     Jan 26, 2004
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Mackie, Florida admitted to not counting all the overseas absentee ballots. And you know what their excuse was? They were probably 50/50 split between Gore and Bush! Ha! Like hell they were. More like 90/10 in favor of Bush. And again, they admitted to this. LOL. You are too funny.

#17     Jan 26, 2004
  8. Bush & Dean are unacceptable to me, but I was toying with the idea of voting for Kerry if he were to win the Dem nomination.

Then I saw how much respect he has for our freedoms. This from his website www.johnkerry.com :

"In order to deal with the problem of illegal drugs in this country, efforts must be focused on keeping drugs out of the country and our communities, as well as reducing demand for illegal drugs. John Kerry supports aggressively targeting traffickers and dealers, as well as making a commitment to sufficiently fund drug prevention and treatment programs."

So <b>fuck Kerry</b>. Still gotta vote Libertarian, no matter who the Dems end up nominating.

#18     Jan 26, 2004
  9. Yeah right pal, I guess Newt Gingrich just made up those stories about Whitewater, Rose law firm, dead aides, blow jobs in the Oval Office, lying to grand juries, endless litigation to delay investigations, lying and obstructing justice in a court case where Clinton was the defendant, using the IRS to harrass politicla opponents, illegal campaign contirbutions form Chinese agents, missile secrets and nuke technology mysteriously being turned over to the /chinese, White House "coffees", renting the Lincoln Bedroom for sleepovers, pardons for sale and trash the offices and steal the silver on the way out.

#19     Jan 26, 2004
  10. True, but the repubs have Halliburton, Ken Lay, and Jerry Falwell.

Blow jobs in the Oval Office bring new meaning to "O" in oval. Did you get a blow job too if you paid the DNC $250k for the Lincoln bedroom?

#20     Jan 26, 2004