Where's Lundy and his BOTTOM?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trader99, Jul 19, 2002.

1. russdtrdr

russdtrdr

As a true newbie to this forum, I am mystified as to why any trader wants to call a bottom. What we have in the market is a beautifully strong trend, eventhough it is pointing down. Clearly, the technical damage done to the markets means that when we DO reach a bottom, we will not enter a new bull market for some time.

Equally important, the lessons we learned from 1982 to 2000 really do not exactly fit this situation. A much closer analog would be the 1962 to 1974 time period, or even the 1966 to 1982 time period, complete with a somewhat murky war, growing budget decifits, and most importantly, a crisis of confidence in the government and the dollar.

I guess my point is that the macro picture is not very encouraging, and the market reflects this. Enjoy the trend and protect your profits.

#41     Jul 21, 2002
  2. PubliasEnigma

PubliasEnigma Guest

Who is attacking anybody Silver??? You were the one calling people retarded... I simply tried to encourage you to open up your mind a little to others points of views without verbaly abusing them...

You called Lundy a bitch and easyrider a retard... Grow up bro!

PEACE
    Publias

#42     Jul 21, 2002
  3. Cesko

Cesko

It is not a book and I don't really understand why you would have assumed as much.
    Check the way you use italics in that thread. It's not exactly consistent. But OK I didn't get it.

Other thing, in absolute terms (all time-frames) there is nothing to talk about because everything (trends up or down, S/R etc.) is going on at the same time.
    Publius, (it's all relative) how about if I tell you we are in a major pullback last couple years or so? In 50 years it's going to be a pullback only. It would be dumb to say that, don't you think so? I could go on and on but as you probably know this is a DT site and in day-trading world there is a difference between BOUNCE, PULLBACK and TOP,BOTTOM.

#43     Jul 21, 2002
  4. PubliasEnigma

PubliasEnigma Guest

Well thank you for the enlightening post Cesko... really :p

BUT I really think you totaly missed the point I was trying to make with my intial post...

PEACE
    Publias

#44     Jul 21, 2002
  5. Cesko

Cesko

I simply tried to encourage you to open up your mind a little to others points of views

Publius we walk down the street you see a gorgeous woman and say she is hot. I would say sure it's hot but it's not a woman, it's a rytolickes. You know why? Because I am open minded and it's all relative as you know.

#45     Jul 21, 2002
  6. PubliasEnigma

PubliasEnigma Guest

One again Cesko I must thankyou, for I truly appreciate these brilliant posts of yours... Thankyou!!! :)

Publias

#46     Jul 21, 2002
  7. Cesko

Cesko

TA is SUBJECTIVE

What other point????

#47     Jul 21, 2002
  8. Cesko

Cesko

you are welcome:cool:

#48     Jul 21, 2002
  9. PubliasEnigma

PubliasEnigma Guest

Cmon bro you are acting childish... Why are you even trying to converse with me??? I have nothing for you Cesko, just move along my friend... I had one thing to say and I said it, but for some reason you feel the need to keep addressing posts to me...
    Cesko if you don't like what I have said on these boards, than just do what I do, put me on ignore...

PEACE and good trading,
    Publias

#49     Jul 21, 2002
  10. I'm sorry to report that Lundy was spotted as roadkill when the Dow cracked 8000 on Friday. R.I.P. buddy!

#50     Jul 21, 2002