Where's Jack Hershey?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by demonet, Oct 27, 2003.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

If Scientist's posts were worth it, I'd take the time. Unfortunately . . .

#101     Oct 28, 2003
  2. Oh welcome to the club, db! Ever looked in the mirror? What do you expect with your notoriously facetious attitude? :confused:

If you ever intend to have a civilized and interesting conversation about trading, feel free to drop us a PM. Sure it'll never happen, anyway. :(

Well - Repeat steps in last posts and - Have a nice day! :)

#102     Oct 28, 2003
  3. I'm having trouble with the math.

If Member A has been here 2 years, and for the sake of the question, Member B has been here 1 year, hasn't Member A been here 100% longer than member B, and not 25%?

And if Member A has 2700 posts, and Member B has 900 posts... again for the sake of the question, doesn't Member A have 200% more posts than Member B, and not 300%? I mean Member A does have 3 times as many posts, but this is not 300% more. It is only 200% more.

I'm just asking.

#103     Oct 28, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Not likely. I have a short list of people who know what they're doing.

But you have a nice day. Or evening. Or whatever it is wherever you are.

#104     Oct 28, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Of course, if Member B's posts are seven times longer than anyone else's . . .

How 'bout we just stop counting posts altogether? It's stupid.

#105     Oct 28, 2003
  6. LOL! No offense to anyone, but that is pretty funny. I mean after all, even Scientist would have to agree his posts can be a tad long.

I respect Baron enough to trust that there is a method to the madness of counting posts. He has always been open to change I think. I never look at the number of posts unless it is a name I don't recognize. The ones I really like are the guys who have been members since '99 and '00 and have about 47 posts. Not yakety-yaksters like me.

#106     Oct 28, 2003
  7. I am a failure

Michael B.

#107     Oct 29, 2003
  8. Hi Inandlong,

1) Member A has been here for ~13 months and member B has been here for over 10 months! Although the real difference may only be as little as 20%, this is up/down rounded over the thumb for the benefit of doubt to approx. 25%. Plus I'd been visiting and reading this site in 2001, over a year before I actually joined.

2) You're absolutely right. Sorry, full semantical error on my part. I should have said "300% of", rather than "300% more". Thank goodness this mistake is less doable in programming!

Sorry for the mathematical confusion here, it was typed rough over the thumb and late at night. Thanks for verifying, though. I would have expected dbphoenix as the addressee to do so. But clearly that would have gone beyond his comfort zone.

Sincerely,
    Scientist

#108     Oct 29, 2003
  9. You see - this is exactly what I mean.
    You are snappish, facetious and, as usual, making entirely wrong and offensive generalizations.

Think about it.

#109     Oct 29, 2003
  10. Mine longer than yours. Can we forge a new, completely non-sexual Freudian-style term "Post envy"? :)
    Volumes to follow:
    "The Interpretation of Posts"
    "Psychopostology of Everyday Threads"
    "The Origin and Development of Post Analysis"
    "The History of the ET-Post-Analytic Movement""
    "The ET and the Id"

Better 7 times longer and something to say than 3,000 one-liners and yet nothing to say.

I knew it's right to never give up your faith in people.
    Finally, in his 2,771st reincarnation, his holiness the db phoenix with the first smart comment yet.

Let's kill the post-count system. How about a petition to the Baron?

#110     Oct 29, 2003