wheres ETFC going now?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by busajimmy, Feb 5, 2008.

1. jjk2

jjk2

guess not.

#21     Feb 9, 2008
  2. lol i love their commericals. I think it's a good buy long term at current price level. Short term, based on technical looks strong but with the current market situation, who can really predict?

Lets see if it can hold 5 coming monday.

#22     Feb 10, 2008
  3. well it held 5 monday (5.45 high), now its barely holding high 4.90's
    How long will this rollercoaster go on??? I've been in and out (made some cash, it's been agood ride)
    Any ideas where the resistance point is?

#23     Feb 12, 2008
  4. Take the CEO, and the whole upper echelon of management of this company for that matter, out behind the barn and slay them.

WTF are they to invest company money and get shareholders exposed to subprime mortgage debt?

This country, investors included, has become far too wimpish and timid in demanding competency from politicians, biz execs, and others with true responsibilities.

#24     Feb 12, 2008
  5. So they can buy ETFC lower? :D

http://www.form4oracle.com/company?cik=0001015780&ticker=etfc

#25     Feb 13, 2008
  6. How come it's trading down every single day?

#26     Apr 16, 2008
  7. Quick question, during some quick research I saw the CEO sometime in december say they still expect a couple more billion in write downs from their subprime exposure. However, can they even withstand a 2 billion write down in their current position? They have alot of debt, and little equity to cover this quite large writedown.

Are they delaying the write down waiting for more capital to play with or am I going to wake up one sunday morning to them being bought out for .05?

#27     Apr 17, 2008
  8. jazzsax

jazzsax

missed on earnings, but most of the CC and results are still trending positive. record amount of accounts, some of the loans are performing better than expected.

just over $4 in AH, up about 12% from the close today. Almost in goog territory percentage wise (LOL)

Lets see how she opens tomorrow!

#28     Apr 17, 2008