Where's Elaine Chow?, when you need her...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by limitdown, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Bob111

Bob111

what kind of job is that?

#11     Jan 9, 2004
  2. They must be daytraders...

#12     Jan 9, 2004
  3. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

and where~! sign me up~! lol j/k... but still for curiousity sake where are those kinds of jobs definately not in the US...

#13     Jan 9, 2004
  4. Bob111

Bob111

#14     Jan 9, 2004
  5. gaj

gaj

you're absolutely correct about the jobs number, and the unemployed people disappearing...

most politicians, unfortunately, have supported (or at least refused to stop) the jobs exodus...and the illegal (immigrant) importing of jobs, except for show.

#15     Jan 9, 2004
  6. This is just an oversimplification but still has some relevance:

1. stock market performance is evaluated on a quarter-to-quarter basis.

2. company earnings are evaluated on a quarter-to-quarter basis. Companies need to keep up and grow earnings so people still want to buy (and hold) their stock.

3. the pressure to keep up and grow earnings forces companies to see where they can cut costs.

4. lawyers through excessive litigation and pro-employee legislation drives up employment costs in the US.

5. companies must go outside the US to keep labor costs down.

So what is one to do?

#16     Jan 9, 2004
  7. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

lmao...

#17     Jan 9, 2004
  8. fan27

fan27

At least they are consistently profitable.:D :D

#18     Jan 9, 2004
  9. jem

jem

here we have a bunch of people seemingly upset with conservatives. After tea explained perfectly it was Bob Rubin and bill clinton who caused the job exodus. People should be jumping up and down saying hooray for the new correct dollar policy, bring back the jobs. (Blue collar people). But then wal mart would not be so cheap.

I am not claiming if I were I bull collar guy I would vote for conservatives but I would not love the clintons that is for sure.

#19     Jan 9, 2004
  10. the kind of jobs that they are saying are available to replace many workers who were laid off from their $35 hr jobs in mfgr, services, technology and other industries.

go try and support yourself in AMERICA on those apples,

that's all folks.....

that's what they're saying, and we're seeing reflected in the economic reports that appear on the news channels, like BlommbergTV, CNBC, CnnFn

go argue with those facts, as they're presented

#20     Jan 9, 2004