Where's a good place to start

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by rupert, Dec 24, 2008.

1. rupert

rupert

Hey all I have been in this forum for awhile now mostly just looking and reading information. I traded shortly back in march through june or july. I lost a little money, but the thing was that I loved trading any ways. It's a rush, it's fun, and I mostly enjoy the research aspect of it. So I figured hell if I enjoy it so much when Im losing imagine what it would be like when I am gaining. SO I am back in college to obtain a bachelors is finance and kind of get some real knowledge on economy, investment principles and theory because this is something I want to take seriously and become good at to eventually make a career out of it. In the mean time I would like to save some money to start trading with once I feel comfortable to get back into it. My only question is, is there a good or average number to start trading with to minimize risk and lower the effects of commisions on my account value? How much did some of you start with?

2. schizo

schizo

One of the worst things a trader can do to seriously harm his ability to grow his account is to trade with scared money. This often happens to undercapitalized traders who lack experience. If you're a beginner, I can only suggest that you'll need to come up with at least 3-5 years of "tuition fee".

3. I don't know why you couldn't start out with a teeny tiny account. Trade very small amounts of shares and try to not lose money while gaining real experience. Tradeking.com is one broker that has no minimum and quite low commissions.

I don't however think trading should be a rush, gambling is a rush. Trading should become quite boring and routine, so I've heard, I'm a newbie myself.

I've paid six hundred dollars in tuition for more than years learning, and I don't think it's neccesary to pay more than that. I'm currently getting some of that back as well.

Are you interested in trading or investing? What were you trading?