Where'd the TARP money go?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by WaveStrider, Dec 22, 2008.

1. please define "responsible"

#11     Dec 22, 2008
  2. #12     Dec 22, 2008
  3. Ace

Ace

Let's see, we've got AIG giving $25 million a year to the Manchester United soccer team. This gets them the letters "AIG" on the front of their jerseys. The "Executive" meetings in Ireland and the spa in California.

Then we've got CITI, who gives $20 Million a year to the Mets to hang a sign outside their ballfield. Figure around 80 home games a year makes that out to be $250,000 a game. And they don't intend on cancelling the contract.

Our congressional leaders think it's perfectly appropriate to hand over $25 billion with no justification, and then not even be allowed to question where it went? Or even get some oversite of the books?

#13     Dec 22, 2008
  4. Things like sports deals were signed before the meltdown that they did not see coming.

They are legally bound to fulfill those contracts.

#14     Dec 22, 2008
  5. So were the people that bought homes they couldn't afford and overextended themselves with credit....

But that didn't stop the gummint from saying they shouldn't have to fulfill their obligations because it "wasn't fair" and they "were in trouble".

#15     Dec 22, 2008
  6. it's what i call 'novacain fascism'. they've gotten really good at taking what they want, as painlessly as possible (at least at the moment it's taken)

governemnt violence inspires resistance

peopel think as long as there arnt jack boots in the streets, with swasticas on the armbands, they're safe from fascism

but still, 700 billion stolen, against a 99 percent objection

#16     Dec 22, 2008
  7. they might be

but i'm not

yet, i'm the one paying

not them

#17     Dec 22, 2008
  8. #18     Dec 22, 2008
  9. Depends on what the definition of "do" is.

#19     Dec 22, 2008
  10. It's called a budget report. And yes, unless you wanted the rich man Potter to move out, you would definitely make sure you provide proper accounting of the tax dollars.

#20     Dec 22, 2008