Where would you trade?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by thetrendfollowe, Sep 29, 2009.

1. moarla

moarla

in italy Forex trading is tax free.

In switzerland you dont pay taxes on your income but there is a system called "Pauschalbesteuerung" (all in tax)
    If you rent a home there at lets say 24.000 USD/year, so all you have to pay is 24.000x6=150.000x30% >> tax = ~45.000.

If you make 100.000 profit or 100.000.000 nobody cares :)
    (only for foreigners)

Monaco = 0 tax BUT i would not live there
    Andorra = tax free (Spain is near)

London (UK) has something called resident but not domiciliated (all in tax araound 30.000/year)
    (only for foreigners)

if you go living in cypros perfect situation for trading...

you see there are many places in europe(there are much more) you need to know what to do where....

BUT ALL THAT DOES NOT WORK FOR US-passporters :) (maby Switzerland is ok...)

#21     Oct 1, 2009
  2. lindq

lindq

Wisconsin in the summer. Scottsdale (here) in the winter.

Frank Lloyd Wright knew what he was doing.

#22     Oct 1, 2009
  3. Montauk in the summer & Ipanema in the winter.

#23     Oct 1, 2009
  4. Thanks for this.
    Solid post.

#24     Oct 1, 2009
  5. I have asked myself that question many times.

I have traded for a living for more than a decade.

I understand that I can make my living anywhere in the world with decent internet.

The answer to my question as well as yours, is I have NO desire to trade from anywhere other than the place I have called my home for more than twenty years.

As Dorothy so wisely said, there is no place like home.

Want is a distraction.

To want to live somewhere other than where you live is a distraction.

Profitable trading is affected by such distractions.

#25     Oct 1, 2009
  6. since 99% of traders lose their money or or make little, they should answer "how can I trade profitably" FIRST.

But for me, Alaska, Nordic countries in the heat of summer in the Summer, and winters spent touring Australia, South America, New Zealand, etc.

Spring/Fall, I am happy where I am.

#26     Oct 1, 2009
  7. Does anybody know where abouts in Mexico Vinnie Chase was living it up in the first episode of season 5 Entourage?

I recall him saying he could live like a King for $80/day?

I wonder if they have stable, reliable internet there LOL ?

#27     Oct 4, 2009
  8. d08

d08

Estonia, from an insiders perspective:

+ 21% flat tax (dropping by 1% every year, subject to change), easy LLC registration for some additional saving, living costs are not significantly lower compared to say Germany but rents and car costs are. Connectivity can be compared to Scandinavia so no problems in that department. Girls can be very welcoming toward foreigners.

- Cold winters with volatile temperatures all year round, some infrastructure such as roads are still derelict depending where you live, somewhat of a fringe area compared to Western Europe, can encounter xenophobia outside major towns (but I guess that's the rule everywhere). If coming from Switzerland or Norway quality of life is much worse.

This is kind of off-topic since I'm looking for other locations in East Asia myself.

#28     Oct 5, 2009