Where would you park $800k?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by zghorner, Nov 22, 2021.

1. misti

misti

Make private loans on RE at 10% and Loan To Value of 60% to 70% , Interest Only and 1 year Balloon secured by a 1st Mortgage on the investment property.

#51     Nov 28, 2021
    vanzandt likes this.
  2. Where are you sourcing your loans?

#52     Nov 28, 2021

3. Does anyone know of an equivalent for Canadians? Gemini earn not available in Canada.

Thx

#53     Nov 28, 2021
  4. This is not risk less...

https://thefipharmacist.com/gemini-earn-review/

upload_2021-11-28_9-48-19.png

#54     Nov 28, 2021
    BKR88 likes this.
  5. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

I’m a former Financial Advisor (retired) (doesn’t make me smart, just makes me experienced) and in the same position, I’ve got 600k sloshing around earning nothing. The guys who said there’s no risk free options available earning more than CD’s. The closest you will come is something like SHY, and even that is paying about .2% and has risk attached.

the way I look at it for myself, cash is an asset class in and of itself. I’d rather hold it, than expose my money to a risk that doesn’t earn me a commensurate return. Yeah, I’ll lose purchasing power to inflation, but at some point, I’ll invest the money.

I did take some maturing CD money and put it into dividend paying stocks, names that I wouldn’t have a problem holding through a disastrous market cycle. But my risk to,earn enough allows that, your friend may not feel comfortable with that approach

#55     Nov 28, 2021
    SunTrader and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Best advice on the whole thread.
    10% may be a little steep now.
    6% is the going rate for solid candidates now I think.

#56     Nov 28, 2021
  7. Bonds property physical Gold Silver and Bitcoin a blend of all these

#57     Dec 5, 2021