Where would you live if you can make more than $200000 per year from stock mark.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by 20092009, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Surdo

Surdo

Well maybe an occasional STD, but that goes with the lifestyle.

#41     Oct 20, 2009
  2. When you give up your citizenship (IF the US agrees to allow you to give up your citizenship - it can be as hard as giving up your Soviet citizenship), you may NOT return to the United States for 10 years.

When you are allowed to return, if you spend more than 30 days in the country, you will be taxed like a US citizen.

This used to be a free country. Oh well.

#42     Oct 20, 2009
  3. I think that changed with the HEART legislation last year. Now, it's 30 days.

#43     Oct 20, 2009
  4. You have to be very careful if you want to avoid being taxed by NY. The state is very aggressive in going after people for taxes it thinks they owe because the whole state is a giant, stinking turd and they still haven't learned that the state can actually collect more money by lowering the tax rate. That's why I left a couple of years ago, but I really left.

If you're going to move to Texas or Florida, you have to make sure that you don't keep valuable belongings in your NY digs and that you spend most of your time in the other state.

My accountant (whose clients are mostly NYC traders - mostly not retail) told me that the state went after $300 it thought one of his clients owed. $300!! You know it cost those morons more to sic their state employees on this guy than the $300 they collected.

#44     Oct 20, 2009
  5. Bob111

Bob111

#45     Oct 20, 2009
  6. I have a considerable amount of experience with moving around the U.S.. I've lived in the Northeast, Northwest & the Southeast and have travelled extensively.

My advice is this. it's smart to consider a low cost of living area, if you're making around 200k, but your main concern should be lifestyle. Live close to what you love to do. If you don't do this, you'll be making a big mistake.

#46     Oct 20, 2009
  7. Thailand does look good actually.You can get a retirement visa at fifty.

#47     Oct 20, 2009