Where would you live if you can make more than $200000 per year from stock mark.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by 20092009, Oct 3, 2009.

1. joe4422

joe4422

Why not move outside the states?

Tax advantages, plus you can go somewhere with a lower cost of living. All you need is internet connection.

#21     Oct 11, 2009
  2. joe4442,,,,,,,,,,,,very good advice... i am ready to leave the USA SINKING SHIP if someone can show me how to stop paying taxes LEGALLY to the gangster USA GOVERNMENT

#22     Oct 11, 2009
  3. There is no income tax on Earned income but isn't there the Hall tax on income made from trading? Unless you count trading income as W2 wages won't you get taxed on your profits? The Hall tax also taxes Dividends and Interest, correct?

#23     Oct 11, 2009
  4. Trader200K

Trader200K

You are correct. My first choice was actually Texas, but the wife vetoed that due to temp and distance from her relatives. :^(

I left behind a number of state taxes so I was net ahead and quality of life and economic enviro improved dramatically. (My teen/20s kids have jobs here.)

I am still thinking about buying an acre in TX somewhere so my name is on the land books if a secession should ramp up.

Life is a tradeoff.

Cheers!

T200

#24     Oct 11, 2009
  5. Vozdovac

Vozdovac

Chicago-Belgrade (serbia)-Budva (Montenegro)

#25     Oct 11, 2009
  6. It is true that many countries have a lower cost of living than the US, but I would also note that many countries have a far lower STANDARD of living. Availability of products, quality of products and services as well as general living conditions are often inferior to the US.

And those countries which offer good quality of life AND low/no taxation are sometimes far more expensive than living in the average mid-sized US city. Some examples are Switzerland, Monaco, Dubai, the Caribbean, Hong Kong, Singapore etc.

Moving abroad makes an enormous amount of sense tax-wise if you have/make a lot of money, but unfortunately it doesn't make sense for everybody unless they are willing to live in relatively inferior living conditions.

Taxes will go up dramatically in the G7 countries, for everyone they can lay their hands on. The rich and the poor. Anybody who cares should assess their choices for escaping this madness.

#26     Oct 12, 2009
  7. maxpi

maxpi

I'm years ahead of the crowd on this issue of best place to live...

It's going to be different for everybody. Make your own list of values, what is important to you, your own "index"..

I'm taking it in steps.. to finish the automation work I have to get away from an overbearing drama queen here so I'm moving from the hot, hostile, car horn blowing West San Fernando Valley to Santa Barbara, no forwarding address too... Santa Barbara has half or more of the things on my list and I found a super quiet location, [talk about a cemetery] for working out the code. When the code is done I'll go looking at places that have more of the things on my list, maybe I'll never find one that has it all but I can travel between all the top places that make the cut...

#27     Oct 12, 2009
  8. Lethn

Lethn

I'd move to a country where I don't get arrested for not having car insurance.

#28     Oct 12, 2009
  9. ... so that you can leave the victims of an accident, that you cause, uncompensated ?!?!

#29     Oct 12, 2009
  10. 20092009: see fmca.com (Family Motor Coach Assoc.)

Many of their members full-time and need a physical address. They have a list of providers that will give you that as well as collect/forward your mail, provide phone #, etc.

#30     Oct 12, 2009