Where will it end?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by EqtTrdr, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Exactly.. and then based on those state laws, one has the ability to choose wherever they would like to live and obey those laws....

We need a parliament style of government.... fast imo

#11     Jul 12, 2006
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

#12     Jul 12, 2006
  3. pattersb

pattersb Guest

You ain't seen nothing yet.

Just wait until more and more and more and more power is gained by Women.

LORD HELP US!!!!!!!

I'm hoping to develop a consistently profitable system, and bolt long before that inevitability.

#13     Jul 12, 2006
  4. Pabst

Pabst

Hmm.... A liberal who's advocating state's rights. That's progress.

As far as the virtues of a parliamentary government: Looking around the world, I certainly don't see any absence of nannyism in Germany, Canada, the U.K. etal..........

#14     Jul 12, 2006
  5. TGregg

TGregg

The problem isn't the government, we are getting the government that the overwhelming majority of people want. The only thing voters like more than more government is lots more government.

To be fair, there's a fair amount of squabbling about which areas need more government, but the basic premise is thoroughly embedded. Changing to a parliament wouldn't help much.

Sure be nice to have the People's Republic of California with a fifteen buck minimum wage, "free" health care, 8 week paid vacations, endless social programs, obnoxious taxes, libraries of lawbooks and "free" Disney for all the kids. Then we could have the Free State of Montana, where you can buy a complete lawbook for a couple bucks and be treated as a responsible adult by the government.

Unfortunately, the FSoM is pretty unlikely, but the PRoC has a decent chance. Decent chance of being tried, anyway.

#15     Jul 12, 2006
  6. Keep voting for those religious right whackos and we can have our own Taliban eventually.

bt

#16     Jul 12, 2006
  7. Pabst

Pabst

Gee and I thought it was the LEFT that restricts the 2nd amendment, that created seat belt laws, helmet laws, no smoking, and throws your ass in jail if you don't agree to slave 5 months a year on big brother's behalf.......

#17     Jul 12, 2006
  8. Oh... you too noticed the correlation between Universal Suffrage and the beginning of the nanny state?

Most women like having the government 'mother' everyone.

#18     Jul 12, 2006
  9. Don't kid yourself... Currently, the Right is not one iota better.
    It <b>was</b> better, back in Gingrich's time- but those days are long gone.

#19     Jul 12, 2006
  10. I just don't see how any government should be allowed to pass morality laws....

#20     Jul 12, 2006