Where top traders trade" - battrader

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by trader963, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Are your commissions ever going to become more competitive?

Other firms are much less expensive and they don't try to nickle and dime the traders by making up a DOT tax. I think gr8 trade is an ok platform, but your commissions are over 100% higher than the competition and you have an inferior execution platform.

#41     Sep 13, 2002
    #42     Sep 13, 2002

3. Dot TAX??

I called them and they said they add $2.50 per 1000 for the NYSE orders, is this a dot tax?

I thought Dot was free (NYSE website)

#43     Sep 29, 2002
  4. please enlighten us to this dot tax.....I must have had a misunderstanding that it came from the exchange.....C howard(the battrader) is obviously not going to answer the question or was insincere about checking this board. After getting pimped by corporate on a very small request after doing over 20k in commissions this month, I find myself much more curious to know if this is a tax or simply Protrader marking rates up.

#44     Sep 30, 2002
  5. over DA LINE

MAKING THE TAX UP! DOT IS FREE!

#45     Oct 1, 2002
  6. .

#46     Oct 2, 2002
  7. Did ProTrader switch hands?

#47     Oct 2, 2002
  8. you should see how sad gr8trade has been this week, not to mention the fiasco with spy and instinet.

#48     Oct 2, 2002
  9. I spoke with a trader who uses the protrader platform and I heard it was awful this week.

#49     Oct 2, 2002
  10. I heard the book quotes were all crossed? They always seemed to have problems with quotes. A competitor said it's because they use frame relay to disiminate the quotes.

But who am I, I don't trade there nor do I work there so I couldn't tell ya why.

#50     Oct 2, 2002