Where top traders trade" - battrader

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by trader963, Jul 22, 2002.

1. I heard a rumor that Richard Dennis had some space with ProTrader's offices at the CME location...Can anyone confirm of deny?

#31     Jul 31, 2002
  2. How long do you think they will keep that office open? I heard that they have space for 200 plus traders, but there are about 5 traders. Is that true? Can 5 traders support an office that size?

#32     Jul 31, 2002
  3. nitro

nitro

Gooney,

Just out of curiosity - if you are going retail, what advantage does Protrader give you that IB doesn't that makes you want to pay 50% more in commissions?

Also, are you remote? I also live in Chicago, that is why I ask.

nitro

#33     Jul 31, 2002
  4. No.

#34     Aug 1, 2002
  5. Gooney

Gooney

nitro,

I've never used IB so I can't really compare the two platforms. The main advantage for me is onsite trading. It is very difficult for me to trade from home and I don't have a series 7.

gooney

#35     Aug 1, 2002
  6. Gooney, look around there are alot of different quality firms in Chicago (I have heard) and remote. There is no reason at all to pay those kinds of commission rates.

#36     Aug 3, 2002
  7. trader963, i have also heard the same thing - huge office and no traders.

#37     Aug 3, 2002
  8. C.Howard

C.Howard

One of our employees found this thread and forwarded to me - while laughing. Apparently, many have enjoyed this string of commentary - including me, after reading some of the blasts.

In my defense, I must say that when I completed my review of ProTrader on this site, I was not the President of ProTrader Securities (until Jan. '02). However, I admit that I was biased and interested in achieving a balance of reviews, since I was a customer of PT and an owner of a PT office / franchise. If I recall, (since the review is no longer posted) this site was much smaller and at that time there were only 3 or 4 reviews of PT - mostly unflattering. So, on my way out of the site I posted a review that reflected my true experience, as a trader and an owner of a PT franchise - the former owners were great guys and treated me and my traders very well. And, at the time the software was smokin' hot. I have not been back to the site for more than a year or more. But my experience and comments about my experience were genuine.

Regarding the comments about not hiding my e-mail address - I was somewhat surprised. I personally believe that anonymity creates uncharacteristic confidence. Too many people, especially on the internet, are willing to cast dispersions or criticize others while hiding behind aliases or numeric e-mails. I was very interested in sharing my experience with anyone that wanted to e-mail me. I didn't really worry too much that they'd discover I was an owner of an office.

Finally, I reviewed all of the comments regarding PT and while some were encouraging, others indicated that we have more work to do. As a former trader and office owner - I remain committed to providing the best service, software and pricing possible to allow our traders to succeed in every market. I'm also marking this site and will check in on our reviews - not a bad way to surface potential client issues.

Thanks & Regards,

Craig Howard
    President, ProTrader Securities

#38     Sep 13, 2002
  9. you need to make sure your internet help desk knows whats going on. Many times I have to tell them there are problems
    with the software. Just the other day, I wanted to check a simple
    contraparty on a nyse trade and it was if I was asking for someone to price a swaption.....They need to sharpen up.

#39     Sep 13, 2002
  10. C.Howard

C.Howard

Thanks, on it.

Sent personal message to you - check your box.

Craig

#40     Sep 13, 2002