Where top traders trade" - battrader

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by trader963, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Hey you know an awful lot about attn and protrader, sp you gave pt up to gain liquidity pissing everyone off with attn? is this right?

#21     Jul 29, 2002
  2. i know a lot about everything. you see when I trade my datek account I have a lot of free time to look at websites and talk to other traders on et.
    when im not doing that i like to sail on my boat and trade remote. the big fish give me my buy and sell decisions.

#22     Jul 29, 2002
  3. i wouldn't say pissing evey one off the institutions like to take my blocks. they show it by paying .009

#23     Jul 29, 2002
  4. alanm

alanm

Someone alluded to shady things going on at ProTrader. Can you be more specific?

#24     Jul 30, 2002
  5. ProTrader has open houses all the time. I went to one. I found it interesting and got a good view of their software, commission structure etc.

They ran a half hour video of one of their traders using the software. I found that very valuable.

They'll even serve you dinner, so what do you have to lose?

#25     Jul 30, 2002
  6. Dinner....is that shady?

#26     Jul 30, 2002
  7. MVP

MVP

A place where

- the managers and help have a "conceited" attitude

- they think its their systems that makes you money not you

- overall, the resources are below average

- trader gossip is abundant

been there... will never go back

#27     Jul 30, 2002
  8. I have found protrader to be very conceited and really not that knowledgeable about their business. I do not think I would trader there based upon the few thoughts thrown around in here.

#28     Jul 31, 2002
  9. :p

#29     Jul 31, 2002
  10. Gooney

Gooney

I've been trading at ProTrader for about a year and have found the staff to be very "down to earth" and extremely helpful, not conceited in the least. I also disagree with a previous post stating that the system is slow for scalpers. Most of my trades are scalps and I can honestly say that it is quite fast. The only down side is the commissions .015/share + ecn fees (roughly .02/share). But how many onsite retail trading (equities) firms are still around? I live in Chicago and this is the only one I know of.

#30     Jul 31, 2002