Where to start?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Loco_Benny, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Hello,

My name is Ben and I graduated college about 2 years ago with a totally unrelated degree in history and a minor in international relations. However, I am really interested in working in the finance field someday and I was told that I should attempt to take the NASD exams. (Series 7 and 63)

Personally, all my experience with finace is a few economic courses that I did back in college but I am taking a few related course at a local community college. And I did an internship with a local stock broker a while back

So where should I be heading, I guess the better question is how to move towards the direction I want to go in. I am still in my mid-20s with a pretty laid back day job with ample of free time.

So should I attempt to take the exams, someone also mentioned about the possibility of taking the series 3 and 6 exams. If so, is it possible for me to pass them (someone with no degree and little finance knowledge) and how should I study for them. And is there an alternative way to become certified?

Thanks a lot

Ben