Where to start trading in S.FL?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by danmb280, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Try Nikki Beach on a Sunday afternoon trading telephone numbers with fat assed latina babes.

#11     Jun 22, 2009
  2. seriously. I'm moving there to do an mba this august, but that's my back up plan if I can't convince this loaded bi girl I used to hook up with in college to get comfortable having 3somes and then get hitched. hopefully I can educate her on "swaps" as well, and she will be the perfect woman.

I'm 80% kidding.

#12     Jun 22, 2009
  3. danmb280

danmb280

Ryan,
    I ended up over there at Assent. At the time, you brought $5k, they give you 20x buying power and fast execution in exchange for commission on every trade. My understanding is that it's no longer legal what they did but message me privately if you want to know more.

Bottom line, i dont recommend them.

#13     Jun 22, 2009
  4. I can't believe there's no trading in the south florida. I attended a trading expo in ft. lauderdale a couple summers ago and the place was packed. I suspect a lot have blown up by now.

#14     Jul 6, 2009
  5. danmb280

danmb280

Assent is still in South Beach.

420 Lincoln Road

#15     Jul 6, 2009
  6. Miami stinks for trading; that's why I eventually moved to Chicago.

You may want to consider a "career relocation." Chicago, NYC & London is where you'll find the best & brightest traders. Your aspiration should be to join them.

GL with your search. Unless you want to be a Spanish speaking "Financial Advisor" for some wirehouse, there ain't much.

I hope this helps; GL!
    :D

#16     Jul 6, 2009
  7. Coolio

Coolio

Why even do this?

Why not get $10,000 of your own money and just trade the futures or forex and be your own CEO.

Start small, 1 contract, try to make $500/week and then go from there.

I'm an amateur, part-timer with 1 yrs experience. But for the life of me, why would any one want to trade with a firm? Healthcare benefits?

To me trading for a firm is like taking a bath with your clothes on and not using any soap. :confused:

#17     Jul 12, 2009
  8. danmb280

danmb280

Here are a few reasons why:

1) buying power

2) professional trading environment

3) superior execution

4) "decent" comissions

#18     Jul 12, 2009
  9. Buying power is the only thing you can't get on your own.

#19     Jul 12, 2009
  10. RBC Capital in West Palm Beach

#20     Jul 18, 2009