Where to "Park" a decent sum of cash?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by goforwand, Aug 17, 2003.

1. AllenZ

AllenZ

Anyone have a good site that ranks mutual funds or describes different ones. I have checked some of the bigger market news site but they seem to have almost nothing on the subject.

AllenZ

#21     Aug 18, 2003
  2. jms2828

jms2828

long farrow tech, short endicott steel, blue horshshoe in the fifth

#22     Aug 18, 2003

3. try www.morningstar.com

#23     Aug 18, 2003
  4. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

[QUOTE....
    My wife an I just sold our house and have a decent sum (+250K) of profit and we'd like to gain more than the "prevailing rate" from a "bank" type of investment.

We're in no rush to buy a house again, as my opinion is that the housing market has nowhere to go but flat to down where we are (Northeast FL.)
    [/B][/QUOTE]

My advice: dont ask for this type of advice on a public board. IF you want access to salespeople then, yes, ask such a question on a public board. Better strategy: research this directly yourself through available resources: other internet sites, library, etc.

#24     Aug 18, 2003
  5. msfe

msfe

#25     Aug 18, 2003
  6. jem

jem

Damn caltrader- I thought I was about to get a freeride as my houe is in escrow and at the end of the month I should have some former trading profits and a bunch of appreciation in my pocket and my wifes). You mean I am going to have to research long track records of good return low draw downs and managers who take say 100 K at a time. Good luck to me huh.

#26     Aug 18, 2003
  7. gms

gms

American Trust & Mattress ---- it's the only mattress that combines comfort for you and security for your money. Did you know that money kept in a mattress outperformed the Standard & Poor Index two out of the past three years? And your cash is safe in a mattress from American Trust & Mattress. Because each mattress is protected by law ---- clearly set forth on the mattress tag ---- making it a crime punishable by fine and imprisonment to remove the tag or to remove any contents of the mattress. You'll sleep better at night knowing your money is safe ---- in your mattress.

#27     Aug 18, 2003
  8. LOL :p

With the 1 yr. CD rate around 2.15% American Trust and Mattress may be the ticket. (If I remove the tag am I subject to penalties and loss of interest?)

#28     Aug 18, 2003
  9. jem

jem

AT&M may be the way to go. I have so many relatives who are screaming for return that refuse to conisder a postion in AT&M. It also seems that with this rally all the brokers are starting to reccommend "safe" mutual funds.

#29     Aug 18, 2003
  10. Where to park short term? Do you want easy access to money during that short term?

You know the old saying, "Cash is King"

#30     Aug 18, 2003