Where to meet high-IQ traders and investors?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lentus, Sep 14, 2019.

1. lentus

lentus

What are you talking about? There are no high-IQ and average-IQ people with similar psychological profiles?

#51     Sep 14, 2019
  2. zdreg

zdreg

Suppose you were to measure fear in a given circumstance.

#52     Sep 14, 2019
  3. dozu888

dozu888

probably a dumb ass lol.

#53     Sep 14, 2019
  4. fan27

fan27

I think you are barking up the wrong tree. I have worked in tech since 2000, have been trading off and on since then and have come across very smart people who just couldn't "close". They can talk theory all day long but they can't make anything happen. Seek out people who are closers (who will also likely have above average IQ) and you will save yourself a bunch of time.

#54     Sep 14, 2019
    jeffbader likes this.
  5. lentus

lentus

Actually, there is no positive correlation between high "closerness" and high IQ. But your wider point stands. It's of course best to have both and interact with those who have both.

#55     Sep 14, 2019
    jeffbader and GRULSTMRNN like this.
  6. lentus

lentus

One my fav movie clips. Never gets old.

#56     Sep 14, 2019
    Nobert and fan27 like this.
  7. danielc1

danielc1

That is real smart remark from a very smart person about an observation I have seen over the years...

#57     Sep 14, 2019
    Nobert likes this.
  8. trdes

trdes

Maybe your observation but again based on your statement (believe you even said "not knowing themselves") this would likely be emotional intelligence / quotient not intelligence quotient (please forgive me for not using acronyms I've been kindly requested not to use them).

#58     Sep 14, 2019
  9. Handle123

Handle123

I have gifted intelligence, though I wish I was average, my father's had same as Einstein or higher. Life is without much humor or happiness, life is very too long in duration, understanding people is harder, takes much work overcoming uneasiness to try to blend in. Both my father and myself worked for government in decoding, father for dozen years and mine was sporadic at 17 years, I found it boring but traveled much, had photo memory, even foreign languages I did not know. Cause of having Klinefelter's have speech impediment, so I type as I can pronounce. Yes, have multiple degrees, they helped more for fundamentals and stats.

I have found the markets a challenge, not me against others who trade or markets themselves, but against myself. Exploring charts of what is there and define patterns well enough to be programmed. Or absence of patterns that should be there. Failed patterns are best, waiting for retail to fail are gravy as their thinking is wrong in market principles of how price flows or under funded.

I agree in perseverance and use of sciences, and many errors are opportunities to do again a different way. Discoveries almost always found by error. Never expect any dumb response to be useless as it may offer a favorable new test. IMHO

I not posted much nor answered PM's of late, recently had another surgery, my 11th in 11 years, should be my last for awhile. But blood pressure too low. I often wonder with new medicines is it all worth it.

I spend 100% of my time in Risk management, how can I arrange my entries to have positive expandencty. And using equity curve of last 41 years to my benefits, it has worked well on trading commercial systems for past 11 years. I don't want to learn about cycles but they are everywhere.

Have a wonderful weekend all.

#59     Sep 14, 2019
    10_bagger and Real Money like this.
  10. lentus

lentus

Do you have Asperger's by any chance? My brother does and he writes in a similar way.

#60     Sep 14, 2019
    10_bagger likes this.