Where to meet high-IQ traders and investors?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lentus, Sep 14, 2019.

1. trdes

trdes

If you mean in a negative way than no, I don't think it actually does - although when I first thought about it seemed like that might be logical. "Think" isn't a very strong word, but I have no actual evidence to support my claim, so that's about as strong as language I can objectively use.

I said that because someone who truly has a high IQ(no one has really specified yet how high, I am assuming higher than average) has a higher probability to figure out how the markets actually work, or at least a strategy than can churn a profit. Than all that's left would be handling the emotional side of it. What probably is a bigger factor at this point would be EQ

It's like the markets are so difficult generally speaking, with so many challenges that people with high IQ just become added casualties to the pot and/or people are correlating the failures of high IQ when at that point it's probably EQ causing the failure.

#31     Sep 14, 2019
  2. dozu888

dozu888

I think 120 is the minimum.... the market is very logical.

#32     Sep 14, 2019
  3. If the market were logical then every logical approach would bare fruit. I do not think you mean logical in the literal sense to the retail trader. However, I think I know what you mean...I am a little slow o_O

ElectricS

#33     Sep 14, 2019
  4. Thank you for sharing...I worded my question carefully as not to tip my hand in what I think. Negative or Positive...I just wanted to hear from you...

ES

#34     Sep 14, 2019
  5. trdes

trdes

It is logical, but you have to know how to find the logic - that's the hard part. Also, even if you tell people the logic and how to make money. Emotions / EQ come into play and that alone is probably an even bigger reason as to why people fail as oppose to strategies / etc.

#35     Sep 14, 2019
  6. zdreg

zdreg

acronyms should be banned.

#36     Sep 14, 2019
  7. luisHK

luisHK

I'm all with OP on that one, hate hanging out with low IQs, tried a few ways to elevate my own IQ and now walk on stilts, seems to work fine.

#37     Sep 14, 2019
    GRULSTMRNN likes this.
  8. I can write systems...I must LEARN to trade them..

ES

#38     Sep 14, 2019
  9. trdes

trdes

Okay, I will refrain from using them in the future.

#39     Sep 14, 2019
    zdreg likes this.
  10. :D

#40     Sep 14, 2019