Where to meet high-IQ traders and investors?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lentus, Sep 14, 2019.

1. themickey

themickey

The brain has the powerful ability to create answers to our continual questioning.

#21     Sep 14, 2019
    jeffbader likes this.
  2. none4425

none4425

1) Cross Hedging
    2) Capital Efficient Strategies

can you give some sources on these please? or what do you mean? capital efficient as in kelly, diversifying accross markets, diversifying strategies etc.? or something more advance. I agree with you btw. Acrary has helped me massively

#23     Sep 14, 2019
  3. Go work in a hedge fund. Your colleagues will have same interest , same Calibre as you wanted.

Low Calibre will get kicked out, so you won't have problem talking to low Calibre trader.

Oh well.

#24     Sep 14, 2019
    lentus likes this.
  4. yes , a few months back i wrote a post about having a stock anomaly theory that works a high percentage of the time and most responses were negative and closed minded..considering most posts and conversations on here wont help you make a dime in the stock market i dont understand the mindset?

#25     Sep 14, 2019
    lentus likes this.
  5. Nobert

Nobert

But it might help you to build relationships/bridges, with people, who are 10-30 years ahead of your game.

#26     Sep 14, 2019
    jeffbader likes this.

6. Cross hedging
    is just using related futures to trade long and short at the same time.

You can buy one NQ and sell two ES. Then wait for market to move up or down. When it does close the profitable contracts and let the other contract roll down so that you made money on both directions. Easy way to make more profits.

Another example would be like buy FDAX and sell Eurostoxx 50.

This is also called spreading indexes or spread trading.

Capital efficient means that you can use more leverage with less margin. Good traders know how to use leverage to take advantage of market opportunity.

If you have $100,000 and you want to make big (index) trades you can take advantage of SPAN margin using the CME exchange rules.

If you just try to trade the biggest ES position you can, you can trade something like 18 lot with this much money (at conservative broker).

But, SPAN margin gives margin offset so calculates margin on all positions. If you have a position say

Short 15 NQ, this is $2,367,885 which is super leverage.

But, keeping that position on you could execute a 26 lot ES trade long (this is almost $4,000,000) because the first 12 lots will just reduce your margin.

Think about it, with these two trades I am using something like $6,000,000

This is an extreme example but you see how you can trade bigger if you do this kind of thing.

These are professional techniques.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    #27     Sep 14, 2019
    _eug_ likes this.
  7. fan27

fan27

What are you hoping to accomplish by meeting high IQ traders/investors?

#28     Sep 14, 2019
    ElectricSavant likes this.
  8. Serious Question:

Does a trader with a high IQ affect his results from trading?

Es

#29     Sep 14, 2019
  9. I know of one poster here in this thread that most likely has an above average IQ.

ES

#30     Sep 14, 2019