Where to meet high-IQ traders and investors?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lentus, Sep 14, 2019.

1. carrer

carrer

Only a high IQ person could spot another high IQ person.
    A lower IQ person would think that the higher IQ person's ideas/thoughts are insane, making the lower IQ person to think the higher IQ person to having a lower IQ.

#11     Sep 14, 2019
  2. gaussian

gaussian

I despise people who specifically seek "high IQ individuals" and turn their nose up because a forum has people who aren't that smart. An actual intelligent individual is humble and helpful - this guy is a neckbeard. This kind of reddit-tier "humble brag" post isn't welcome here (imo) and someone who only wants to associate with "high IQ" individuals (where the baseline IQ is clearly theirs) doesn't belong here. It's not useful, and they are typically the kind of people incapable of learning because learning requires a degree of humility they do not possess.

I apologize, you got caught up the crossfire. It's only my intention of getting under the skin of this lentus guy - not you.

#12     Sep 14, 2019
  3. I agree. Of all the forums, ET is the one I credit the most on the web. The whole point of a forum is to have a discussion. This means that idiots can and do serve a purpose here.

I'm starting to think you are right about this guy lentus. If he doesn't start talking trading then I'm gonna have to agree with you!

#13     Sep 14, 2019
  4. maxinger

maxinger

SERIOUS ANSWER !

Fortunately ( or pehaps unfortunately ) trading don't require high IQ.

trading don't require
    complex mathematical Euler formula, Curvilinear equation, Navier Stokes Equation ....
    You just need to know 4 mathematical calculations + - * / only !!!

You don't need to know complex quantum theory.
    You don't need to know how to design space ship to go to Mars.
    you don't need to know how to clone living things.
    You don't need to know how to grow human tissues, cure cancer ...
    You don't need phd in financial economic things.
    etc etc etc

bottom line is trading is very simple ie high IQ will be a hindrance rather than an useful quality.
    BUT it is very difficult due to mind related problems like mental block, mental barrier, mind control problem, unable to center mind .... ).

so who do you want to be close with?
    Who do you want to be ?

HIGH IQ trader (and most likely unsuccessful trader )
    or
    Highly successful trader

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    #14     Sep 14, 2019
    yc47ib, Pekelo, jeffbader and 6 others like this.
  5. danielc1

danielc1

High IQ people are great in knowledge and complex thinking but poor in knowing them selfs and how to implement a working strategy. If they are really smart, they figure out that the best trading strategies are kiss. Untill that they find that true, they will continue to try it with their mind to solve the puzzle. And when they are really frustrated they are going to be searching other people with a high IQ to debate things in the hope they will figure it out somehow and learn something new. Endless cycle.

#15     Sep 14, 2019
    jeffbader, T-Mex, CharlesS and 4 others like this.
  6. themickey

themickey

Trading is quite intense and with real money on the line along with a high degree of randomness, many I would assume come here for a bit of light relief and banter.
    Think about it, if you are a mechanic do you wish to repair your own automobile, if you are a house painter do you wish to paint your own house in your spare time....if you are a trader do you want to come onto ET and waffle on endlessly about trading? I don't, I have my unique whacky way of trading, no one would relate to it, so I keep my banter reasonably short, to the point, not heavy and I enjoy some laughs!

#16     Sep 14, 2019
  7. Simples

Simples

Maybe overthinking trading is a blocker? So you will find few high iq traders, but lots of loudmouth, bragging, bro-type asshole successful and average traders.

So you will continue to try out everything including fishing, but most of it all already been done to death. Lots of other forums discuss strategies and rules, but are they generators of billionaires truly?

#17     Sep 14, 2019
    Real Money likes this.
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

Love this guy. “It’s better to be lucky than good” :D as it’s often heard at the poker table.

#18     Sep 14, 2019
  9. Nobert

Nobert

It's like, - when one billionaire visionary described/explained, to another billionaire,

that, to diversify human kind among two planets (ensure our existence/increase chances dramatically), would cost about,
    1% of global earth's GDP , (approximately as much as - make up industry),

and the man still - couldn't - see (didn't wanted to see/agree),

hows that a good trade/deal.

(might sound like taken out of the context, and i doubt that you're a complaining type of a person, so what i wrote bellow is just a minor addition )

Depends on the person. For me that's the juice.

Learning, researching, solving puzzles, networking.

As Anthony Robins put it, -

progress equals happiness.

Beside, if it was that low of an entry barrier, to crack this game, all of the fools and emotionally unstable - would be in it.

And the last thing we want to see, a society where, emotionally unstable people and fools, climb up in hierarchical ladders & reaches the top.

#19     Sep 14, 2019
  10. I love how hard it is. Maybe that's my favorite thing about it. Some people need to be challenged in life. Actually, I recently found the secret that I must have been looking for longer than I can even remember. I am just kind of stunned now. Almost like I can't really believe its true. I guess that's normal though. This has become my life's work.

#20     Sep 14, 2019
    Nobert and themickey like this.