Where to look for a assistant trading position

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lasner, Jul 25, 2008.

1. lasner

lasner

Anyone know of where I can look for trading assistant positions....I tried careerbuilder and monster but I know that 's not going to work.

Anyone have any good ideas?

2. Hey Lasner

What exactly do you mean by trading assistant? Are you talking on or off the floor? In what capacity (futures, options, equities)?

Regardless your best bet is to just start knocking down doors until someone is willing to talk to you. Call up every trading firm and clearing firm you can. At least that is what I have been doing and am having some pretty good success (not applying for the same job though).

Good Luck Man

YT

3. You registered in September of 2005, and nearly three long years later, you are looking for an assistant job???

What have you been doing in the past three years? You were locked up in the Iowa State Penitentiary?

Why don't you put a few thousand dollars in the market and start trading today? A few years later you don't need to beg for a job.

4. lasner

lasner

off the floor....equities, futures or options

5. I dont understand what you are asking..

The only jobs remotely possible to get these days are working at a prop firm, and they dont need assistants..

Only Quants/Ph'ds get trading jobs at big bank and hedge funds, since everything is computerized.

JUst not sure what type of job you are looking for.

6. I guess you can be a gofer for a brokerage house?