Where to hideout in the worse-case economic scenario

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bond_trad3r, Feb 14, 2009.

1. I have full faith the PPT will do everything within (and above) their power to prevent a world-wide collapse of financial markets, but under a worse case scenario, have any traders been making any plans?

I'm thinking a tiny Caribbean island rich with food and beautiful women. The rest of world's wankers and Illuminati could fuck off. I'll be sipping a piña colada on the beach while Bernanke is in Washington cutting rates to -7% as per Goldman Sachs. :D

By the way, I'm 100% serious here.

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm thinking maybe a south pacific island.

3. Problem with your thinking is those 'tiny Caribbean islands' are dependent on other places, including the US for just about *everything*. From money to milk!

And in many of those places, their populations don't seem very friendly towards whites even in good times, much less in bad.

I'd consider maybe Australia or NZ. Brazil is no stranger to a harsh economic climate, so I'm sure they'll be ok.

4. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

only cowards run and hide for cover even in their dreams too.

5. a Island? give me a break.

You need firearms and farm lands. At best, you need a team of people with samiliar mindset. totally world domination when time is right. :D

6. A man who fights and runs away may live to fight another day.

7. Yeah, I would probably vote for Montana or some rural part of Canada. Not to say it would be the most enjoyable place, but would get you through most likely in better shape then most other people would be in.

JJacksET4

8. A man who fights and runs away may live to fight another day.

9. lrm21

lrm21

10. Now you are starting to understand what Rogers (and others) have already said.
    To put it in a nutshell: Become self-sufficient.
    Hideout on an island, LOL!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oJFxx0Nh7P4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oJFxx0Nh7P4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#10     Feb 15, 2009