Where to go to get the Best Training?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by pokerplaya, Dec 23, 2008.

1. I have decided that I want to give trading a shot and have been going around NYC meeting with various "prop firms"

i realize the failure rate is huge (probably about 95%) and i realize the business model is such that I am a customer and the more I trade the more they make so there is a vested interest on the part of the prop firm to encourage the use of strategies that emphasize quantity over quality

I want to really find the best traders out there that are willing to act as a mentor, I don't need classroom training from people that cant make $ I believe the best way to learn is from veteran traders that have made serious money consistently. I realize most of the profitable traders with long term track records have no interest in teaching

it seems everyone i meet claims the best traders on the street trade with them and they themselves make tons trading but at the end of the day it seems like I would be stuffed in the corner of the room with 2 kids right out of school that are just sitting there churning their accounts

I am willing to put up capital and i don't care that much about rates at this point or which software is a split second faster than another but those seem to be the selling points everyone pitches to me

so it would be great to hear from some of you who have been doing this for a long time on the best way to position myself

Thanks!