Where to go if the big one hits?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by diablo11, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Looking to put together a list of stocks I want to buy when/if we get a major correction in the next 6 months to year. I am looking for a list of say 5 stocks that I want to pick up when we get a wave of liquidation/panic. I am in my late 20's so my horizon is for the long term but I am tired of hearing the talking heads on CNBC cop out by saying that now is a good time to buy for the long term, I am not looking to go in the red 20 To 30% in my face before the selling wave stops so now is not the time for me.

I was thinking Shipping (Oil shippers and Dry Shippers) would be somewhere to start cause they seem to move the most in economic cycles of boom and bust. I want stocks that will make me 5 to 10x not looking for a Wal-Mart or McDonalds. Looking for anyone elses suggestions cause I want to be ready when it may be time to get hit on some bids. Thanks for any help.

2. Hey Diablo. If you are looking for a 10 bagger, you are definitely going to need to go either small cap or micro cap. If you think that the economies will rebound in the next couple years, then I think the inflation trade will be the best one. Inflation is inevitable when the rebound happens and commodities will likely be the best. Take a look at small/micro cap oil, gold, silver and rare earth stocks. This is not my forte so I don't have a list for you. Just my 2 cents.