Where to go after Refco?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by MiamiBeach, Oct 14, 2005.

1. gemini_315

gemini_315 Guest

overnight stops

#21     Oct 18, 2005
  2. RefcoPro=EasyActiveTrader is a good trading platform. It's superior to X-Trader in some point. Not that expensive, single longin, covers all markets etc.

Clients service was very good. I felt very stable with Refco representives unlike other brokers I had accounts.

JC Flowers takes over the RefoPro and the other brokage biz, right?

#22     Oct 19, 2005

3. Transact and Velocity are very good --- have never had any problems with these two companies. I use TradeMaven Pro with Transact and XTrader with Velocity. if you do some decent volume the rates can get real good.

#23     Oct 19, 2005
  4. Velocity rates are miles more expensive than Refco's clearing - you only needed to 25,000 RT with Refco to get their cheapest comish and it was about half the price of Velocity's 100,000 RT rate

#24     Oct 19, 2005
  5. I have a related question that I would really appreciate some help with.

Is it possible for private traders to use a large investment bank like Goldman Sachs or Citigroup as a futures broker? Naturally the fees would be much higher, but there would be some benefits. Anyway, is it possible? Or is their some prohibitively high account minimum?

Thanks in advance.

#25     Oct 19, 2005
  6. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

give em a call!

#26     Oct 19, 2005
  7. iza

iza

Was your account held in London with Refco?

#27     Oct 19, 2005
  8. as an aside, for ex-Refco ForEx traders, you may want to consider this fx broker.

best,

Coinz

#28     Oct 19, 2005

9. you have not completed a successful negotiation process then. :)

also what products are you talking about -- curious?

#29     Oct 19, 2005
  10. gemini_315

gemini_315 Guest

Any other firms that would be good alternative to Refco?

#30     Nov 3, 2005