Where to get Trillions?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nitro, Aug 10, 2011.

Is closing some or any of these loops a good way to balance the budget?

1. Yes.

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No.

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. I don't know.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't care.

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. nitro

nitro

2. Defense: cut 40% over the next 15 years.

Entitlements: cut 10% over the next 10 years.

Boom - done.

3. Good post nitro

4. Defense: cut 40% over the next 15 years.

Entitlements: cut 10% over the next 10 years.

Boom - done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other way around. I am not for the Military Industrial Complex. But, congress has the power to tax for DEFENSE! PERIOD! NOT ENTITLEMENTS!

So, I would say, we could cut defense by 20% via, ending the three wars now! I say we still need a strong military, (China just rolled out her new Air craft Carrier). For all you scum sucking liberals.....you are free to be a parasite because we have a strong defense.

I say DOMESTIC HOME LAND DEFENSE be cut ASAP and that would save us money. We do not need this Agency. We have CIA, FBI, ATF, ETA ALL!

I say 40% cut over the next 20 years in Free loading, scum sucking parasites.

Get back to the American where "WE DO NOT SUPPORT FREE LOADERS FOREVER!

5. Even if you eliminated all those tax loopholes completely, it wouldnt help much.

Basically, its like America is the titanic and there are 3 big car sized holes in the hull. Eliminating all those on the list would be like fixing 1 hole. You've still got 2 holes left not to mention all the water thats already come in.

Forget about fixing the holes, get on the lifeboats while their is still time. (Lifeboats being gold, silver, and guns). You cant save this ship.

6. schizo

schizo

I still don't see how the entitlement could only be linked to the poor. As I stated elsewhere in the past, the biggest chunk of the government subsidy is made to the wealthy via tax loopholes.

7. morganist

morganist Guest

What if you cut 401K and made everyone get a Roth account. That would defer the pension tax relief payment. How much would that generate? What is the cost?