Where to get historical detailed stock information for free from OMX, Nasdaq and NYSE

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SwedLars, Oct 12, 2010.

1. SwedLars

SwedLars

Hi,
    I'm a newbie in stocks but have searched me to this area since I'm good at numbers and in a process of developing a software to predict stock changes.

I have now developed a software that is in an early ALPHA stage where my next step is to train the system on historical stock changes.

So far have I "trained" my system with the following stock information from OMX, Nasdaq and NYSE:
    * Each day's start and end stock price
    * Each day's high and low
    * Each day's volume

Now, I have reached a level where I would need to have more detailed historical stock information, at least with high and low by the hour on the basis on stocks at OMX, Nasdaq and NYSE.

The above information, I know that it's available if you pay for it, however my project doesn’t have any money set aside for this information at this stage, so I wonder if someone please could tell me where this information is available for free.

NOTE:
    Since I will train the system on historical stock information, I don't need the stock data that is new and recently updated, so it is OK with data that is old (however the newer and recent stock information the better).

Thanks in advance, please do not hesitate ask me questions, please also give me tips on other forums that can provide answers to these questions.

Regards,
    Lars