Where to get good data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by anh_trader, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Hi there, I'm looking for good 5-min data for some ETFs and stocks such as SPY, QQQQ, RIMM and AMZN. The data i get from IQFeed seem to have a lot of bad ticks (range suddenly explodes 10 fold). I need good data without bad ticks like that in order to back test effectively. Can you guys tell me where to get/buy them? Thanks

2. Tradestation is great for accurate historical data. It filters everything real time as well so the bars will not have the out of sequence trades(huge range). I am on the quest to find a data service that uses the same filter technology as tradestation. I would use TS but I have my own engine which does not mesh with TS. Any filtered feeds out there for intraday equities?

3. thejam

thejam

All the symbols on your list and more -> http://pitrading.com/intraday_ascii_data_market_edition.htm

4. And can it be used with ninjatrader?

5. Apex82,

Unrelated to the thread, I hope you got some of my PMs. I would very much like just a few moments of your time. I hope the quantity and depth of my messages to you indicate some of my interest. It brings me a lot of excitement to see you post, a few moments of your time would be an excellent and most gracious gift to this young guy .

All the best!

-Kim