Where to get E-minis?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by robzxcvbnm, Oct 13, 2001.

1. Does anyone know of a cheap source for E-mini future quotes? I am currently evaluating Quicken Quotes Live (QQL) and eSignal w/Ensign. QQL is wonderful but as many here have noted they do not supply the E-minis. eSignal does supply the e-minis but their charts suck. Ensign improves things but I cannot stand their quirky and buggy interface. I have tried the free quotes at Quote.com but their chart is just too small. The ultimate solution would be to use QQL and supplement it with a cheap ($10-$20/month) service that only provides the e-minis. Is there such a thing? Thanks.

2. wild

wild

3. Redart11

Redart11

4. QCharts is very good for futures. Charting is great, reliability is not bad unlike the Level II, customer service is awful. Not sure how they are handling e-mini pricing. Could CME have made a bigger mess of anything than they did the e-mini pricing?

5. wild

wild

6. The new CME package looks great starting at $30 a month. Anyone tried it yet? I would drop Nextrend in a heartbeat if there was a good alternative.

Ohoh I just read you have to "upgrade" just to get the Futuresource charts ... of course should have figured that.

7. tymjr

tymjr

rob: “Ensign improves things but I cannot stand their quirky and buggy interface.”

I’ve had Ensign as a backup for a number of months now and I’d say that, though my experience working with it is limited, your assessment is right on.

On the few occasions that I have observed it during RTH, the Esignal data appears to update perfectly but the studies, pointer tools, etc. will do all sorts of strange things including disappearing, no longer updating, and/or not accepting inputs. These problems continue after-market, as well.

While Ensign may offer some powerful capabilities via its ESPL language, its interface is fairly primitive.

8. mbt3

mbt3

saw the demo on thecme site..$30 a month..any idea what you get for this..does the futuresource charts cost more as an add on ..I can't seem to find any more info beyond the demo..?thx

9. Got this in reply to an email:

"Thank you for your interest in E-quotes. You can get most of the necessary
    information about E-quotes on our Web site by taking the Flash tour. If you
    would like to provide me with your mailing address, I can send you a
    brochure as well.

The product will provide real-time streaming quotes for all CME products,
    with an E-mini equity package for a lower cost. We have an E-mini equity
    package for $30 that includes FutureSource basic charting and ODJ futures
    news headlines. The All CME products package, which also includes the basic
    charts and news headlines, is $85. You can upgrade either the charts and/or
    news for an additional cost. For data only, our prices are $10 and $60 per
    month for the E-mini equity and All CME products respectively.

The brochure has more of the pricing information. We are targeting March
    4th as our launch date and beginning then the registration/subscription
    process on www.cme.com will provide the necessary information about which
    package is best for you."

#10     Feb 15, 2002