Where to find out of print trading books?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by scuttership12, Jan 2, 2004.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Why not look into Wilder's book since he developed RSI? It's available through interlibary loan.

#11     Jan 3, 2004
  2. Check out www.alibris.com - I bought some out of print / used books there 2 months ago. Imo they have the largest database of used / out of print stuff with a wide range of prices (depending on the condition / edition, etc which is described in detail on the website).
    I got one of the books for 25 bucks in a ok-condition which was the lowest price - highest was $1500 for the first edition without any marks in it.
    They often have offers with reduced / no shipping or give rebates.

Kev

#12     Jan 3, 2004
  3. When I took classes with Wells, after the invention of the computer, he would not teach us RSI. He said RSI was built with the limitations of a hand held calculator. He said that computers had enabled traders to go far beyond that.

[​IMG]
    For his part what he said, he had to say was in his book.

#13     Jan 3, 2004
  4. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Wow! At $1500, the LEAST they could do is throw in the shipping.

I've picked up a number of out of print books on www.half.com

#14     Jan 4, 2004
  5. gaj

gaj

just to let you know...

addall.com/used searches alibris, half, and a bunch of other book sale services as well as individual sellers.

#15     Jan 4, 2004
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

#16     Jan 4, 2004
  7. the gist of the title is "ten thousand years of shortages".

I read it about 15 years ago. It was old then, and I'm having a tough time locating it now. Anyone familiar with it? I might need help with the title.

thx

#17     Jan 4, 2004
  8. bibliofind helped & I tried a different search and found it. The title is actually: The Doomsday Myth: Ten Thousand Years of Economic Crises.

thx.

#19     Jan 4, 2004