Where to find cheaper 21" moniters

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cornholetrading, Apr 24, 2003.

1. Get "no glare" eye glasses. It will make a big difference.

#31     Apr 30, 2003
  2. angelo

angelo

Try the auction site auction4it.com. It's a Canadian auction site and the auctions are in Canadian $'s. I picked up 3 21 compaq monitors awhile back.

#32     Apr 30, 2003
  3. Anyone interest in Sony 19" G420. I have 2 over here in Chandler, AZ.

#33     May 11, 2003
  4. i'll give ya ten bucks apiece .. deal?

#34     May 11, 2003
  5. bro59 - what'll determine LCD image clarity more than analog vs. digital input is dot pitch (lower the better), contrast ratio (higher the better), image brightness (higher the better), response time (lower the better), and sync rate (higher the better).

#35     May 11, 2003
  6. I found a nice used 20" Hitachi monitor at the local computer store for only $150 Canadian. Most of the computer stores in town here have used monitors. When I'm no longer "almost" atrader I'll buy some nice big LCD monitors.

#36     May 11, 2003
  7. davez

davez

Bro59, Apparently even many of the newer LCD's do not include DVI connections, and most (not all) do just fine without them, according to the Tom's Hardware reviews I just finished reading.

Based on the supposed superiority of DVI connections, I went ahead and bought a dual matrox DVI cable, so am hoping to find two LCD monitors with DVI connections, just so I can use the cable. But after reading those reviews, if all else is good, I may go ahead and buy LCD's with analog only connections.

Unfortunately Tom's reviews only include up to 17" LCD monitors, which are a bit smaller than the 19" CRT's I have now. Anyone know of any sites that have reviews of 18" and/or 19" LCD monitors? ZDNet had almost no reviews.

There seems to be a significant price jump once one goes above 17" LCD's, (which and a few good trades could pay off), but I'd really like to find some expert reviews before buying an 18" or 19" LCD.

------------------------
    And on the original subject of this thread, two of my 19" CRTs are Dell Trinitron flat screens I bought from ebay. One worked perfectly, the other jittered from day one. So my advice is, if you do buy online, see if the warranty requires you to pick up shipping costs to return a defective unit, because with $150 (3x50) shipping costs, it won't be a deal any more. Or at least get shipping costs at their expense if defective in the first 30 days.

#37     May 20, 2003
  8. #38     May 24, 2003