Where to find cheaper 21" moniters

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cornholetrading, Apr 24, 2003.

1. Not only are two 21" monitors going to take up a lot of space, but they're also going to produce a lot of heat. Make sure you have an A/C vent near your trading station.

#11     Apr 25, 2003
  2. your eye on ebay....some new monitors w/shipping incld.
    I got a 22" brand new w/ship...NEC 1250+ $400.
    Works great!

#12     Apr 25, 2003
  3. DougS

DougS

#13     Apr 25, 2003
  4. #14     Apr 25, 2003
  5. Swish

Swish

For what it's worth, I've bought 2 used 21" monitors through Ebay. In both situations:

1. The original box was not available.
    2. The seller did the next best thing by foam encasing them (which if memory serves cost about $30-50 / monitor).
    3. The monitor's were shipped UPS

Both came in damaged. One box looked like it had been dropped and the other box was pretty beat up too! UPS is rough!!!

Bottom line - I wouldn't buy used to save a few bucks unless the seller had the orig boxes.

Fortunately I was dealing with a reputable seller and my money was refunded.

I've got 2 syncmaster 191t lcds (19") and they are awesome - bestbuy $800 each - $50 rebate = $750 each.

That's the way to go!!! I'll never buy another CRT again - Hallelujah!!!!!!!

Swish

#15     Apr 25, 2003
  6. DougS

DougS

Corn--

No, I haven't purchased from either of those vendors--both received favorable mentions on the fatwallet thread however....

Good luck,

Doug

#16     Apr 28, 2003
  7. You can find real cheap 19" monitors in my storage closet...Seriously, I dont have the original boxes, I am too lazy to haul these massive pos things to my car, get new boxes and mail them off, knowing that no one really wants them anyhow...If someone lives near Chicago and wants them, let me know...I would be happy to get rid of them and they are in excellent condition....Viewsonic A90 19"(2 of them) and a massive 21" monitor from MicroCenter that is in ok condition...

#17     Apr 28, 2003
  8. exce26

exce26

I bought 21" monitor a year ago from Ebay
    The price was $40 + S&H
    I picked up which saved a hack of S&H fee.
    I sold it at $99 after 1 year.
    I bought LCD monitor with that money

#18     Apr 28, 2003
  9. Well I purchased a 21" refurbished monitor from a local store, plugged it in, and now have to return it because the color brightness on it is all messed up. Lucky I have a warranty on it, but makes me wonder about the refurbished route. Seeing as I have never used Ebay (seems like one of the few), what happens when you have a problem there?

I am still looking for a second 21" monitor, so I am hoping the next purchase goes a little smoother.

#19     Apr 28, 2003
  10. MrDinky

MrDinky

Hey Cornhole,

SoCA has computer shows all the time, Pomona's the biggest, but they're all over. You can get some great deals there. As far as monitors there's a lot of cheap no-name crap monitors there, but I have to admit many of the no names on display had really good picture. Plenty of name-brand monitors too. I usually got the best prices from MA Micro - they're in Alhambra. As far as the retailers, it's hard to beat Fry's.

#20     Apr 28, 2003