Where to find an Auditing CPA

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Caroch, Jan 18, 2007.

  1. Caroch


    I have trading records both personal and as a trader for a firm that need to be audited. They encompass aprox. 300 trades over a 2 year period. Where can I find an auditor that is not from a big firm that charges an arm and a leg. What documents will be needed for the auditing and what are the typical non-big firm fees. Thank you for your help and any leads.
  2. spinner


    (Assuming you're in the US.)
    Any licensed CPA should be able to do this for you. If your regular tax guy doesn't feel comfortable with it, look for a forensic accountant -- this is the type of analysis they do all the time.

    The best way to find a CPA is through the CPA societies, state or national. Here's the first site I came across that gives links to CPA societies for each state.

    The American Institute of CPAs is the national society -- they have a referral service here:

    As an alternative: I assume your reason for wanting the audited statements is to provide them to someone else. Ask the person/entity to whom you will provide them for a list of firms that they typically see doing this work.