Where to Buy Physical Gold?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by RedSun, May 10, 2013.

1. prc117f

prc117f

Slippage on buying metal is terrible. Its not a good active trading instrument.

#21     Aug 3, 2015
  2. Right.... But I'm asking what is the slippage on exiting physical... There are strict advatanges to holding physical... There is a premium to holding it physical... I'm wondering what it is..

#22     Aug 3, 2015
  3. qxr1011

qxr1011

4. Pawn shops can provide you exceptional price on gold coins , if you get it from their shop.They have pawned gold items which they used as collateral from others who have taken the loan from pawn shops.I usually buy gold coins from pawn shops, also they offer loans against art also.If you have a painting or wooden art you can get loan from them on that pricey art.

#24     Jan 20, 2016
  5. Trader13

Trader13

I would urge you to avoid buying gold bars and other forms of gold bullion (bars, rounds). One day you will want to sell it and when you do you are going to have a difficult time unloading it. Why, because the prospective buyer doesn't know if it's a genuine gold bar or a gold-colored bar made of who-knows-what! It will have to be assayed to determine its purity, and that's a hassle and expense. You are much better off buying modern coins like American Eagles which are very liquid in terms of the aftermarket and are readily identifiable by coin dealers, pawn shops, and collectors.

#25     Jan 21, 2016
    m1nt likes this.
  6. m1nt

m1nt

....generally that is true. I, however, have sold gold and silver bars and generic rounds to APMEX for barely under spot. Perhaps they have an X-ray machine or some piece of technology (? something that goes beyond just the exterior). they definitely resell bars and large ones (10 + 100 ozt) in a secondary market, and I don't lose any sleep on anything I buy there. in a total societal breakdown where APMEX or the like isn't available, carrying something identifiable and hard to replicate like Eagles is tantamount. The apocalypse scenario is part of the appeal and realistic for many buyers.

#26     Jan 21, 2016
  7. i went to an estate sale today... the entire lot of coinage was sold on the open for 40k ... i didn't even get a look ... collusion i'm sure.. these guys i'm sure are scamming.. a total hold up on the family of the dead..

#27     Jan 21, 2016
  8. fhl

fhl

Canada Sells Nearly Half Of All Its Gold Reserves

[​IMG]
    Submitted by Tyler Durden on 02/11/2016 23:12 -0500

The government of Canada sold off nearly half its gold reserves in recent weeks, continuing a pattern of moving away from the precious metal as a government asset.

#28     Feb 12, 2016