Where to buy cheap laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by brownsfan019, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Truff

Truff

Dell inspiron 6400 straight from DELL marked down to $799 with 80Gb hard drive and 2Gig RAM, Vista operating system. Best deal i have seen out there right now

#11     Feb 6, 2007
  2. #12     Feb 6, 2007
  3. Don't forget the "warehouse" stores, Costco, Sam's Club, Price Club.

If you spot a well-configured computer for your trading requirements (in time) at one of the above web sites,
    or at one of their local big box stores (on a one-day pass +X% if not a member), grab it. It may also pay to join
    as a $50 member if it still makes a good enough deal to snag it right then...

Although you say you're sticking with WIN XP Pro (for a while), don't short(sheet) yourself.
    Buy a Core2Duo computer for your trading, ideally with 2 gig RAM,
    and separately utilize your painfully-slow-dying-catch-all laptop for internet browsing, mail.

Closely watch the day-published computer sales in your area at the usual stores that offer computers:
    Best Buy, Circuit City, Fry's Electronics, Future Shop, Staples, Office Depot, Office Max, etc.,
    - you just never know who'll have what you need, when.

Any one of the places here can sale-beat the recommended sites in the above posts -
    just be sure to diligently search all, all of them through their ads - online and print.

Keep checking out computer mags for their laptop ratings.
    Don't lose sight of apples to oranges to tangerines comparisons -
    dates rated, different processors, amounts of RAM, etc., = different list/street prices:

http://www.pcworld.com/product/reviewfinder.html?id=6

#13     Feb 7, 2007
  4. I always have the latest model by simply entering a college library and parking myself in a high traffic area. I get up frequently to look like I'm getting new books, but really I'm just scoping things out. When I see a nice computer, I wait until the kid gets up to go to the bathroom or chat with some friends. Sometimes I shmooze with the victim first and have a cohort become a distraction so that it looks more natural when I take off with the laptop. College campuses are also good for mountain bikes. My local fence keeps bitching at me about snagging something other than Trek mountain bikes.

#14     Feb 7, 2007
  5. Your story is messed up and not cool. :mad:

What town do you live in? I'm looking to buy a five finger discount laptop. Just kidding. :cool:

#15     Feb 7, 2007
  6. not at all serious 1stchoice

#16     Feb 7, 2007
  7. Sams Club has auctions. You can save an additional 25% off the current prevailing retail...even if they sell it in their own stores..I am convinced they take a loss.

I just had my Fellowes DS-1 shredder delivered for 50 bucks TOTAL where the net has it at 75 bucks....

#17     Feb 7, 2007