Where to buy a 4 monitor Set up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bluegar3, Dec 28, 2006.

1. I'm looking at buying a 4 monitor setup, 2 on the bottom and 2 on the top. I need res. at least 1600 x 1200. Anyone have some recommendations on where I should buy? Also, will most computers support 4 monitors?

2. Most computers that are prebuilt that you buy at Best Buy are not going to support 4 monitors right out of the box. Depending on the computer you purchase, you may be able to upgrade it to do so. This is an important question to ask if you need 4 monitors.

As for stands, there are a number of threads on here about this topic.

3. JDBass

JDBass

I recently bought a matrox G200 on ebay monitors and stand from tigerdirect.com

4. Dell workstation and 4 Dell 17" monitors and a stand from ergonomics. It is cheaper if you piece it together.

5. Surdo

Surdo

Can you buy a Dell with a Quad card?

6. www.tradingcomputers.com is a good place. Stuff's not cheap, but it's solid stuff and should last longer (usability wise) than a Dell. Plus, it's created specifically for what you're using it for (trading) not picture manipulation, email, HDTV recording etc.

7. I did this a few months ago.

I bought this stand from amazon.com:
    http://www.amazon.com/Ergotron-Quad...1_1/102-8337862-4149712?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

Bought 4 19" LCD's.

I used my existing computer, so i just had to buy an additional PCI video card with two vga (or vga and dvi) ports. Most newer computers already come with videocards to support 2 monitors.

If you are purchasing a new computer, look for one with dual PCIE-16x slots. This will let you install two PCIE-16x video cards with two video outputs for each card.

The advantage to PCIE-16x over PCI is that videos can be played back on the monitors attached to the card. PCI is generally too slow to handle videos.

8. Tums

Tums

go to your neighborhood Chinatown, look for a little shop on a side street. Just tell them what you need, they can built-to-order with the best available prices.

9. My Dell has two dual cards installed and dual processors. I got a good deal on 4 flat screen 17" monitors under $200 each.