Where to begin developing?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by mczx, Jan 10, 2015.

1. I concur with the above.

However a small subset of discretionary traders do have some truly mechanical entry
    and exit rules.

try linking your algos to social sentiments for extra filters.

#21     Jan 11, 2015
  2. 2rosy

2rosy

absolutely agree. Individual traders never pay up; their cost thinking is 10 to 100 times less than reality

#22     Jan 11, 2015
  3. No, market closed on sunday.

#23     Jan 11, 2015
  4. I mean if your autotrading, why in that other thread you were ranting about day trading not possible.

#24     Jan 11, 2015
  5. They don't have to pay. I offer a free, all you can eat deal plus extra containers for taking out. If that isn't enough, they also get regular free delivery of additional takeouts.

#25     Jan 11, 2015
  6. Not possible for those who claim it possible but could not show themselves possible. I believe everything is possible so long as they show it's possible. If there's nothing to see, then nothing is possible.

There has to be some basic measure of what is possible. Otherwise, every joe blow will go on the internet and say stuff.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    #26     Jan 11, 2015
  7. Sergio77

Sergio77

Just do what works for you. Easylanguage is a good start for those who are not programmers.

#27     Jan 12, 2015
  8. 2rosy

2rosy

#28     Jan 12, 2015
  9. bln

bln

Quantopian is worth to check out, it is a nice web based platform for developing and testing strategies and ATS. They may also have integration with brokers for live trading. They use the Python language.

https://www.quantopian.com

In the past I have used Tradestation, Amibroker, Ninjatrader. Check out which has live autotrading support. It's more a taste of language syntax you personally prefer to work in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_analysis_software

#29     Jan 12, 2015
  10. xandman

xandman

#30     Jan 12, 2015