Where the profit of Goldman Sucks come from?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by NoMoreOptions, Dec 18, 2003.

1. :D

#11     Dec 18, 2003
  2. sle

sle

Do you think the size of corporate balls rubs off on the people employed by the corporation?

p.s. I do have to say that their IR derivatives group consistently recovered after every blowup they've been through

#12     Dec 18, 2003
  3. i wish their balls would rub on QDZ's maoist face and shut him/her up for a while...

PS - actually, i bet they did rub on his/her face...i bet that's how this thread started.

#13     Dec 18, 2003
  4. sle

sle

QDZ and NoMoreOptions is the same person?

#14     Dec 18, 2003

5. What, is this some sort of riddle that I'm missing?

The obvious answer is too look at their statement of Cash Flow. It's on line and tells you everything you need to know. Then cross check with the other fillings.

?

#15     Dec 18, 2003
  6. chessman

chessman Guest

I wish I worked for a IB, they will reportedly hand out $16 Billion in bonuses this year.

#16     Dec 18, 2003

7. 10.8 billion ...still not bad though!

My wife's cousin works at GS, he's 38..but looks 60!

Sweatshop of the street along with CSFB.

Best,
    david

#17     Dec 18, 2003
  8. I would say that the "size of corp balls" reflects the GS corporate culture, so yeah, I think it does. GS trades "bigger and better" than everyone else, save possibly Bear, who is too cautious to commit capital as willingly as GS. This is a direct reflection on the employees, after all, what is a corporation?

I don't trade direction, but if I were in the market for long-stock, I'd buy Bear over GS anyday.

arb.

#18     Dec 18, 2003
  9. sle

sle

Dont tell me you work for Bear - that would be too funny :D

#19     Dec 19, 2003
  10. Both are over-owned.

#20     Dec 19, 2003