Where My Head Is At

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stonedinvestor, May 21, 2012.

1. hughb

hughb

I'm buying LF if it gets back to 10.75, GTC stop order in place right now.

#51     Jul 23, 2012
  2. Hi Hugh.

LF looks very good today interday chart is up. New executive signing is from a good company... I'm just about there.

The other stocks from the watch list that have behaved well in the downdraft are:

WPRT

LF

EQIX

These are our 3 buys for today my one trepidation is the high priced EQIX because it is up 60+% YTD and would be the kind of fast money raising opportunity these hedge funds look to when they are frozen in a low priced name.

WPRT & LF & maybe AMRS that will be probably how I go... but I'm going to fire off an email to the hedge fund and ask about EQIX... my ear is clear! The box boys have arrived!

Lets take a break and approach the buying portion of the day with a casual atitude. ~stoney

#52     Jul 23, 2012
  3. YEA BABY BUYING WESTPORT FINALLY....

such a tricky ass stock... it's like diving off the big board you just got to get the guts up... but don't do it at night!

Weeeeeee. Ok. Question in on EQIX.... Waiting for reply.... evereyone frozen in their damn seats not me!

Looking at the on balance vol in LF and formulating a game plan there... watching AMRS just looking for an excuse.

Sold USG FOLKS TAKE IT OFF THE ELITE TRADER BOARD... 22% GAIN IN A DOWN MARKET.... yea don't smoke and trade nice advice.... jerks.

All these corporate types who done me wrong... screw em! I'm still here and still shouting like a crow
    KA---KAW KA-KAW , I can't have a bathtub in my office either F You Smith Barny! ~stoney

#53     Jul 23, 2012
  4. WHAT HAS STONEY DONE FOR YOU?

Folks, no one can argue the market has been very difficult throughout the origination of this fine thread. What I do, no one else does. I hope you appreciate that fact. I share the research, I explain the reason, I use both TA and extreme deep research but what I really do is tell you all before the trade. Or often during the trade! I have never front run in my over 25 years of investing every day. When I make my appearances at Elite Traitor I time them for extreme negativity and terrible market conditions, I do that as much as an exercise for myself to prod myself to buy not to cower in fear. I put my reputation on the line everytime. Every Time I state my buys I leave myself open to ridicule... what if they blew up, what if I looked stupid? Time after time I have come here and time after time I have delivered. In fact no one on this site has near delivered what I have over the years you can go through the history. each time a zinger here by a rookie a loud mouth bear there a challenger all disposed off in short order Each time I have to beg for STARS or plead for thank you's as the stagnant ignorant masses look pn sitting on their hands.

People in the Hedge fund world undoubtedly know of me, certain people who matter know, there's a reason none of them ever pop up challenging me here although i know they are lurking. I give and I give and I get a few nice emails I know I've helped a handful make a lot of money.

Over the past month or so howver long ago this thread started- i've worked hard for you. I've accomplished the following:

There are some misses here as well as hits.

BUYS-
    PCYC- @$29.40-----Now $49! Yes I sold out a bit early $43-$45 area but those of you that held made $20 A share! On a thousand share lot which is what I use... that's just a monster gain for a qtr and really helps balance out what the " pro's buy for me stks like QCOM.

Why don't you drop Byron a note and say Jesus Christ look what this guy does, not only that $20,000 but

PRX- @$40 Bought Out at $50 This is an example of my unflinching honesty I even told you how I misplayed this trade and wasn't there for the pay out. Thank god some of you were wiser! There's $10 grand more for ya!

VOCS-@$15.80----Now $17.37 $2,000 more....
    USG -@14.50 ------ Sold today @$19.70 $5,000 more....
    SQM new purchase MARKET Plunges but my research on Lithium wins out $54.50----- $59.00 SIX THOUSAND MORE!!!

STOP! THAT'S $43,000 IN GAINS SO FAR FOR A NO STARRED THREAD PLACED IN CHIT CHAT BY THE WORLD'S STUPIDEST ROOKIE MOD. I UNDERSTAND SHE HAS BEEN DEMOTED FOR THIS!!! You see Byron I do have eyes inside! Just like they told you...

Some tech has been hit hard we had a big gain in PKT we are only up a buck now, $1000 more, $600 & $1000 short term trades on SMBL & NUS...$45,600 now... THIS IS All one fucking thread folks..... AUTH $3.88-$5.00 2X position $2,200 gain and counting...$48,000... BLDR Bought at $4.00 is just $4.28... AMRN is $15 and we got you all in at $13... $2,000 there and counting. CAB bought at $37 is somehow $39 in the face of retail getting smacked!!! $2,000 MORE.

$52,000 +

Ok that's to the good side.

QLIK is a big loser $24- $18.60 might be a SELL MINUS $5,000
    TIBX looks better down only a buck. - $6,000 total
    VELT $6.75-$5.62 a loss of a thousand. Hesitant to sell.-$7,000 total

My 2nd foray into retail went about as well as my real life experience there (ten years in women's clothing) Running a store I mean with my wife. ZUMZ bought at what proved to be a fake break out up at $40.50
    is now much lower, @$35.80. Take away $4 grand there. Minus $11,000 total

Nuan let me down for the upteenth time $23-$20. Take away $3,000.

Total to the bad
    -$14,000

STONED INVESTOR WHERE MY HEAD IS AT IN CHIT CHAT = +$38,000

My advice to you all that have missed the boat is pick out one or two that havcen't run yet and assume they will, BLDR & AMRN would be my choice, perhaps with a balance of SQM and go to the beach for August.

Myself I go back to yanking weeds and laborious real field work, laying stone walls and planting an American Elm on my property helping bring that fine tree back to Ct. I'm thinking I should end this thread but I'm not sure.~stoney

#54     Jul 23, 2012
  5. WHAT HAS STONEY DONE FOR YOU?

Folks, no one can argue the market has been very difficult throughout the origination of this fine thread. What I do, no one else does. I hope you appreciate that fact. I share the research, I explain the reason, I use both TA and extreme deep research but what I really do is tell you all before the trade. Or often during the trade! I have never front run in my over 25 years of investing every day. When I make my appearances at Elite Traitor I time them for extreme negativity and terrible market conditions, I do that as much as an exercise for myself to prod myself to buy not to cower in fear. I put my reputation on the line everytime. Every Time I state my buys I leave myself open to ridicule... what if they blew up, what if I looked stupid? Time after time I have come here and time after time I have delivered. In fact no one on this site has near delivered what I have over the years you can go through the history. Each time, a zinger here by a rookie; a loud mouth bear there; a challenger, all disposed off in short order-- Each time as well, I have to beg for STARS or plead for thank you's as the stagnant ignorant masses look on sitting on their hands.

People in the Hedge fund world undoubtedly know of me, certain people who matter know, there's a reason none of them ever pop up challenging me here although i know they are lurking. I give and I give and all I get is a few nice emails. I know I've helped a handful make a lot of money.

Over the past month or so, or however long ago this thread started- I've worked hard for you. Even while not working. I've accomplished the following:

There are some misses here as well as hits.

BUYS-
    PCYC- @$29.40-----Now $49! Yes I sold out a bit early $43-$45 area but those of you that held made $20 A share! On a thousand share lot which is what I use... that's just a monster gain for a qtr and really helps balance out what the " pro's " buy for me, stks like QCOM.

Why don't you drop Byron a note and say Jesus Christ look what this guy does, not only that $20,000 but

PRX- @$40 Bought Out at $50 This is an example of my unflinching honesty I even told you how I misplayed this trade and wasn't there for the pay out. Thank god some of you were wiser! There's $10 grand more for ya!

VOCS-@$15.80----Now $17.37 $2,000 more....
    USG -@14.50 ------ Sold today @$19.70 $5,000 more....
    SQM new purchase MARKET Plunges but my research on Lithium wins out $54.50----- $59.00 SIX THOUSAND MORE!!!

STOP! THAT'S $43,000 IN GAINS SO FAR FOR A NO STARRED THREAD PLACED IN CHIT CHAT BY THE WORLD'S STUPIDEST ROOKIE MOD. I UNDERSTAND SHE HAS BEEN DEMOTED FOR THIS!!! You see Byron I do have eyes inside! Just like they told you...

Some tech has been hit hard we had a big gain in PKT we are only up a buck now, $1000 more, $600 & $1000 short term trades on SMBL & NUS...$45,600 now... THIS IS All one fucking thread folks..... AUTH $3.88-$5.00 2X position $2,200 gain and counting...$48,000... BLDR Bought at $4.00 is just $4.28... AMRN is $15 and we got you all in at $13... $2,000 there and counting. CAB bought at $37 is somehow $39 in the face of retail getting smacked!!! $2,000 MORE.

$52,000 +

Ok that's to the good side.

QLIK is a big loser $24- $18.60 might be a SELL MINUS $5,000
    TIBX looks better down only a buck. - $6,000 total
    VELT $6.75-$5.62 a loss of a thousand. Hesitant to sell.-$7,000 total

My 2nd foray into retail went about as well as my real life experience there (ten years in women's clothing) Running a store I mean with my wife. ZUMZ bought at what proved to be a fake break out up at $40.50
    is now much lower, @$35.80. Take away $4 grand there. Minus $11,000 total

Nuan let me down for the upteenth time $23-$20. Take away $3,000.

Total to the bad
    -$14,000

STONED INVESTOR WHERE MY HEAD IS AT IN CHIT CHAT = +$38,000

My advice to you all that have missed the boat is pick out one or two names that haven't run yet and assume they will, BLDR & AMRN would be my choice, perhaps with a balance of SQM and new buy WPRT and go to the beach for August.

Myself I go back to yanking weeds and laborious real field work, laying stone walls and planting an American Elm on my property helping bring that fine tree back to Ct. I'm thinking I should end this thread but I'm not sure..... Oh what the heck:::pUT IT IN THE BOOK BYRON! ~stoney
    :cool:

#55     Jul 23, 2012
  6. Hugh-

I just bought 800 LF. You know the market is down alot and LF is up.
    Couple nice vol sticks lately, very good OBV and what's nice the RS is real pulled tight so lots of room to pop; MACD not so great but I never know how to red that anyway... I'm In!

I'm back in a few weeks; between now and then AMRN will have it's FDA day (next Thurs) please when you go to bed tonight... take a moment to to say a prayer for the power of ulra pure fish oil. ~stoney

#56     Jul 24, 2012
  7. hughb

hughb

Stoney - LF has been on my radar since November, so you can imagine my heartache as I've watched it go up without me. Up until just yesterday I was vacillating between throwing it out of my watch list and keeping it, and I decided the run may still be alive, and that if it rises above ................

Never mind!!! LOL as I was typing this post my buy stop was hit and I am now the proud owner of LF at 10.73.

All right stoney, get on the phone and get your hedge fund buddies involved, get this stock above 12 by the end of the week.

And yes, as you pointed out, it is up in a down market, my favorite situation of all.

#57     Jul 24, 2012
  8. Stoney, if you like WPRT, then you should look at CLNE. My only concerns with innovative companies tied to Natty gas is the fact that we have the ever present, let's all live in a cave Sierra Club and their Fatwa against anything other than solar. Add to that we have the political headwinds from both sides. Dems to f'n stupid to push for Natty Gas and repubs protecting the Koch Bro's. Between all these idiots we may lose the greatest opportunity for energy independence that we're going to see. All that said, I'm long CLNE and will enter a position in WPRT based on the hope that somehow the retards that run this government will wise up before it's too late.

#58     Jul 24, 2012
  9. GUYS I AM IN CT BUT I HAVE GOOD NEWS! OUR 2ND STOCK FROM THIS THREAD HAS BEEN BOUGHT OUT!! AUTH... BOY OH BOY BYRON'S FACE FELL THIS MORNING! THIS THREAD JUST WON'T DIE!!!
    IF ONLY HE HAD KEPT IN IN " STOCKS " FINALLY ET WOULD LOOK GOOD...

Finance
    AuthenTec, Inc.
    (NASDAQ:AUTH)
    AUTH 8.35 64.69%

THIS REPRESENTS AN INSANE GAIN AS IT WAS A 2X POSITION. WOW $3.50 - $8.00 THAT'S STONED INVESTING! THANKS FOR PUTTING THIS IN CHIT CHANT BYRON! ~stoney

#59     Jul 27, 2012
  10. If you bought that dip on SD, you're up and testing 6.80 range again. MMR is smoking hot this week with anticipation of big news expected next week. Very volatile and will drop like a rock if the well is delayed again. My Sept. 15 Calls are up nicely this week. We'll see what happens.

#60     Jul 27, 2012