Where My Head Is At

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stonedinvestor, May 21, 2012.

1. What the heck happened? Last I remember I was sitting at the bar at Union Square Cafe having lunch and a few libations-- the Hemingway cocktail they have over there is horrible but I drank a few anyway, and then it was so hot I walked and I stopped off for a few libations just beers and then, oh yes... that silly gift! Crackin' -Release the crackin or something, it's a spiced rum with a darn sea creature on the jug; why oh why did someone give me that for my birthday?... I see on the shelf it's half gone-- I ask again WHAT HAPPENED?

The whole day is a loss-- no memory.. Oh well Back at it I guess lets see if any 1st rate Watch List stocks sold off in the big Bank Downgrade yesterday.

Play. Lumber Liquidator.
    Traced Move $29-$33 / Sell Off Price $31.25 Symb- LL

Play. Seattle genetics
    Traced Move $21-$25 / Sell Off Price $24.75 No discount. Symb. SGEN
    Showing strong Relative Strength

Play. NuVasive
    Traced Move $21-$23.50 / Sell Off Price $22.40 Symb. NUVA

Play. Itron
    Traced Move $37-$40 / Sell Off Price $38.50 Symb. ITRI

Play. ISIS
    Traced Move $9.00-$11.00 / Sell Off Price $10.87 Symb. ISIS
    Showing strong Relative Strength*

Play. Star Scientific
    Traced Move $4.00-$4.90 / Sell Off Price $4.62 Symb. CIGX

A chip placed on each of these today I would think would bring big gains but for longer term holds the two that interest me today are:

a) NUVA

b) CIGX

Back Later. ~stoney

#41     Jun 22, 2012
  2. June 22 - Following are long-term credit ratings
    for Kazakhstan's major banks and some in the US as defined by international ratings
    agencies Standard & Poor's (S&P), Moody's and Fitch.
    Outlook in parentheses: positive (pos), stable (stab),
    neative (neg), developing (dev). Feel confident placing your money with these banks in descending order!

S&P MOODY'S FITCH
    Alliance Bank B- (stab) B3 (watch) B- (stab)
    ATF-Bank N/A Ba3 (neg) BBB (neg)
    Chase A2
    Devt Bank of Kazakhstan BBB+(stab) Baa3 (stab) BBB-(pos)
    Bank VTB Kazakhstan N/A N/A BBB-(stab)
    Mattress
    BofA Baa2
    Citygroup Baa2
    CenterCredit B+ (stab) B1 (neg) B+ (stab)
    Eurasian Bank B+ (stab) B1 (neg) Withdrawn
    Goldman Sachs
    Eurasian Development Bank BBB (stab) A3 (stab) BBB (stab)
    Eximbank N/A B3 (neg) N/A
    Halyk Bank BB (stab) Ba2 (neg) BB- (stab)
    HSBC Bank Kazakhstan BBB (stab) N/A N/A
    Kaspi Bank N/A B1 (stab) B- (stab)
    Kazinvestbank B- (neg) B3 (stab) N/A
    Kazkommertsbank B+ (stab) Ba3 (neg) B (stab)
    Nurbank B- (stab) B3 (stab) N/A
    Sberbank Kazakhstan N/A Ba2 (stab) BBB-(stab)
    Temirbank B (stab) Withdrawn Withdrawn
    Tsesna Bank B (neg) Withdrawn Withdrawn
    Morgan Stanley
    Credit Suisse!

#42     Jun 22, 2012
  3. Anybody read the " stocks " section today? Need I say more.

Meanwhile down here in Chit Chat everything is roaring along:
    ATRS Antares Pharma announces positive results from VIBEX MTX usability study (3.59 )

The results of the study showed that the VIBEX MTX device is safe and effective for intended users, uses and use environments. The validation testing proved the product is easy to learn and safe to use as demonstrated by correct and successful injections.

They were our Nasdog bel ringers the other day.

AMRN should run today. SMBL is over $9 , USG is up over $3 from purchase price...,
    PCYC we sold to soon but it's about $50 given to you at $29...
    TLTHF still is interesting...

Now for the earnings season our our holdings CAB, ZUMZ & PKT
    & QLIK & TIBX (5)....

I'm heading to the beach for a few days! ~stoney

#43     Jun 26, 2012
  4. TIBX (29.38 +9.5%): Beat quarterly EPS by $0.03 ($0.26 vs $0.23 estimate), revenues rose 14.3% yoy to $247.4 mln vs $244.64 mln estimate STOCK HAS EXPLODED-- $29.00 now.

AMRN news

-JEFFERIES RAISES TARGET, REITERATES BUY ON AMARIN (AMRN)Font | S&P Marketscope
    JEFFERIES RAISES TARGET, REITERATES BUY ON AMARIN (AMRN)Analyst Thomas Wei tells salesforce U.S. Patent & Trademark Office yesterday posted unexpected positive office actions on 3 key patent applications based on AMRN's Marine trial: core '889 application and 2 continuation applications '408 and '145. Believes these actions should lead to NT issuance of these patents, which could provide patent protection for AMRN's experimental cholesterol drug AMR101 through 2030. Remains bullish on NT approval of AMR101. Ups $24 tgt to $26, driven by greater likelihood of '30 exclusivity in his probability-weighted DCF valuation.

COULD THIS NEWS LEAD TO A TAKEOUT?
    YES!
    Amarin Shares Surge as Approval of Long-Sought Patent Looks NearFont size: A | A | A
    1:44 PM ET 6/27/12 | Dow Jones
    RELATED QUOTES

2:54 PM ET 6/29/12
    Symbol Last % Chg
    AMRN
    14.38 1.48%
    Real time quote.

By Mia Lamar

Amarin Corp. (AMRN) shares rose to a 52-week high Wednesday on signs the biopharmaceutical company is close to securing a long-sought patent on its lead drug candidate, a fish-oil heart pill that U.S. regulators are expected to rule on next month.

The company has been in a back-and-forth with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office since last year over Amarin's so-called '889 patent, which stakes claim to use of the drug--known as AMR101--in patients with very high triglycerides. High levels of triglycerides can raise the risk of heart disease.

Past rejections by the patent office have questioned the uniqueness of AMR101 results from prior studies on another omega-3 fatty acid-based drug. This week, the website for the patent office posted a "reasons for allowance" notice on the '889 patent, a signal that formal approval could come within weeks.

Securing the patent would cast aside a long-running source of uncertainty for Amarin, particularly as AMR101 is expected to receive approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration next month.

"This really solidifies patent coverage out to 2030," Canaccord Genuity analyst Ritu Baral said, noting that current patents on AMR101 only offer protection from generic copies through 2021.

A representative for Amarin said the company was unavailable for comment Wednesday. Shares recently rose 10%, to $14.50, off an earlier 52-week high at $15.40.

The apparent removal of a patent overhang on the company revived talk Wednesday of Amarin's future as an independent company. If AMR101 is approved as expected, Amarin could begin selling the drug early next year.

"Does it present as an attractive acquisition candidate with this much commercial potential and this clean a corporate structure? I think so," Ms. Baral said.

Amarin itself has been frank about exploring options for its future as an independent drug maker.

In a conference call with analysts last month, Chief Executive Joseph Zakrzewski said the company continues to see an acquisition of Amarin as among the "three potential paths" for AMR101, alongside a strategic collaboration or self-commercialization.

CABELA's LOOKS READY TO TEAR- what a nice pick up that was last week.

Last Price Today’s Change Volume
    37.86 +2.71 (+7.71%) 37.85 x200 37.88 x200 range-36.02 - 37.90 442,658

We closed out our daytrade (it took four days!) SMBL for an 11% gain.

New Buy PKT $22.39 given to you last week now $24.39... I'm sure at some point someone is going to say thank you. After all we do have 900 viewers quite a few more than your average Stocks discussion...

VOCS looks like it's going to be a home run $15.80-$18.50!

My only slow movers are BLDR & VELT

USG has me thinking. I like the volume trends but I have a 17% gain in 2 weeks.

If anybody has any questions shoot them out quick. Tomorrow I head up to Ct for 3 weeks of farming. We have completely outperformed here; I could not be happier. Here we are making all this money in Chit Chat! Who would of thunk it!~stoney

#44     Jun 29, 2012
  5. Closing out NUS-- It's only a small position $600+ gain from late last week. Frees up Cash.

Ok I need a late idea here... What day of the week is it? ~stoney

#45     Jun 29, 2012
  6. HELLO FOLLOWERS! CHIT CHATTERS! FRIEND & ACQUAINTANCES!

IT'S me stoney in the woods. I hiked into town and am firing off this quick update!
    Today Farmer Eliot came huffing and puffing up the hill and waving his hat madly
    " You see you see you must stick with it-- knee high in July remember?"
    He arrived panting and beaming and looking very excited:
    " Just because one slumps you don't give up; when one folds and looks dead we don't give up. We stick with it man! Show resolve stoney, that's what we do... thank you thank you I bought more when you sold..."

" You are talking about tomatoes? " I asked.

" NO PRX! " screamed Farmer Eliot, " from the Elite Trader Portfolio that the idiots put in Chit Chat. They got BOUGHT up 30%!

YES The thread that brought you PCYC has delivered again.
    Par Pharmaceutical Companies, Inc.(NYSE:pRX)
    PRX 50.02 36.74%
    50.02 +13.44 (36.74%)

New Purchase ZUMZ looking rocky but CAB looking strong.
    Portfolio position AUTH up 11% today!
    AuthenTec, Inc.(NASDAQ:AUTH)
    AUTH 5.12 11.79%
    5.12 +0.54 (11.79%)

The market is stinky but you're still in the game!
    lets start a movement to get things transferred over to " stocks " before they all miss out on some more big winners!

Back in NYC in about a week or week and a half
    Sorry I haven't got to any of your emails ~stoney

#46     Jul 16, 2012
  7. **ALERT ALERT**

I have rushed back to NYC overnight to help you all-- that and the fact I shoved some wax so far up my ear the right side of my head is completely closed off. In such a one sided state it is tough to farm, every time you bend over the pressure builds; it's tough to communicate with the wife, I can't hear at all out of my right ear-- I think we are fighting a lot but I'm not sure. Today I will later go to the Dr and beg for the wooshing machine the needle of water the plunger of ears the old school flush out! The relief can't come fast enough but until that moment arrives I am hear for you all. (pun intended)

What kind of investment can be made today? What will analyzing stocks only with the left side of my brain reveal-- well I have no watch list this day-- no ideas at the moment but with all my work in the field I am leaning towards an organic investment-- something based perhaps on plants.

When you plant and farm there are lots of moments that seem to have relevance in the stock world. For instance: Being clumsy is bad for plants, when I stumble around my garden with my clumsy feet and get all tied up in blueberry netting and step square on a corn shoot you can hear my curses to the heavens from miles away; Being clumsy is also bad for stock investing.

Likewise, the tomato plant, so beautiful can be testy to grow, sometimes when you go for the wild organics, the ancient breeds the big ripe perfect ones... the failure rate is high... this year I planted more cherry tomatoes, more plum and they grow more hardy and are practically taking over the garden... is there a lesson in stocks there?

Ok, lets get our hands dirty. You desk jockeys and stock stuffers and hand holders it's time you found a big idea. The kind of idea that can change the world. It's time you turned $6,000 into $12,000 to show your wife or girlfriend that you should still be in the investment game.
    Can you do it? Can you achieve no less than a 100% gain?

Well to achieve that kind of gain while changing the world for the good is a tall order; to find an investment today that deals with plants, soil and the mother earth, an investment very much down from it's highs, well you could look for months...

ENTER biofuel biotech Amyris, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMRS)

Earnings slated for July 31.
    Conference Call Expected to Reveal Huge News
    Or Not.
    AMRS was at one time a $30 stock!
    AMRS is now $3!
    -------My AMRS price target is $7! SHORT TERM-----------

As AMRS heads into commercial production my ONE YEAR TARGET is $12!!!!

What does AMRS do? The biotech co has discovered a way to modify microorganisms of yeast and converts plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Those hydrocarbons can then do things like SERVE AS JET FUEL!!!! Recently the company successfully demonstrated it's potential as their sugarcane plant based fuel powered a jet plane!

Solazyme (NASDAQ: SZYM) is a major competitor.

Form 8-K for AMYRIS, INC.

19-Jul-2012

Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement, Creation of a Direct Financial Obligatio

Item 1.01 Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement.
    On July 13, 2012, Amyris Brasil Ltda. ("AB"), a Brazilian subsidiary of the registrant, Amyris, Inc. (the "Company"), entered into a Note of Bank Credit and a Fiduciary Conveyance of Movable Goods agreement with Nossa Caixa Desenvolvimento, the Sao Paulo State development bank ("Nossa Caixa"). On July 16, 2012, AB entered into another Note of Bank Credit and into the Fiduciary Conveyance of Movable Goods agreement with Banco Pine S.A. ("Pine" and, together with Nossa Caixa Desenvolvimento, the "Lenders").

Under such agreements and instruments, each dated as of July 13, 2012 (collectively, the "Loan Agreements"), AB may borrow an aggregate of R$52 million (approximately US$25.5 million based on the exchange rate as of July 16, 2012) as financing for capital expenditures relating to the Company's manufacturing facility at Para�so Bioenergia S.A. in Brazil (the "Loans"). Under the Loan Agreements, Pine has agreed to lend R$22 million and Nossa Caixa has agreed to lend R$30 million. The funds for the Loans are provided by Banco Nacional de Desenvolvimento Econ�mico e Social - BNDES, but are guaranteed by the Lenders.

>>>>

AMRS, $25.5 million in loans at a low rate.
    End of month update.
    Product proven to work.

>>>>

AMRS $ 3.45 This will be our first buy today. ~stoney

#47     Jul 23, 2012
  8. Ok, lets put together a watch list--

LeapFrog- LF
    LeapPad2 preorder is no.1 toy in Amazon toys best seller list.
    LF is around $10, some hesitation as we prfiled the name here at $3 and took it to $7 but a winner is a winner and kids need smart toys.

Thermo Fisher -TMO
    Holding above $51 nicely.
    Need to do more research. Hunch is this is a $100 name someday.

EQIX-
    Equinix (EQIX)
    $167

Equinix's is an expensive stock for a reason. Equinix reported strong top line results, including record bookings across regions.

Equinix reported Q1 earnings of $0.71 per share, $0.20 better than the Capital IQ Consensus Estimate of $0.51 while revenues rose 24.6% year/year to $452.2 million vs the $445.11 million consensus. Management forecasted Q2 revenues of $466-468 million vs. $463.23 million Capital IQ Consensus Estimate. Management also issued upside guidance for FY12, expecting revenues to be greater than $1.89 billion vs. $1.89 billion Capital IQ Consensus Estimate. That is pretty much as god as you can do for an earnings report.

What does EQIX do? It's a good question, I'm not sure I know... something to do with all this " Cloud " crap.

Talison Lithium-

We brought this name to you before it was $3.80 in Toronto at the time and also buyable here in the states at TLTHF. The stock is now
    just over 4.18...

Looks like a 10% price increase has stuck-
    PERTH, WESTERN AUSTRALIA--(Marketwire -07/12/12)- Talison Lithium Limited ("Talison" or the "Company") (TLH.TO), announced today that it has agreed a price increase of 10% with customers for sales of chemical-grade lithium concentrate in the second half calendar 2012. Together with the 15% price increase for the first half calendar 2012 this represents a total agreed price increase of 25% for sales of chemical-grade lithium concentrate in calendar 2012.

>>>>> Ok unknown small Lithium play which has guaranteed Price increases of 25% over last year!!! Baring a strike of workers or volcano eruption it would be very hard for this company to screw up.

IOC- InterOil.

I gave this out to you all at $68 before I left, i have a long history with this co check old posts. It's now $76 and climbing. I think one of those dolts on Fast Money on CNBC has been pushing it late last week, we'll take it. Chart looks firm. The problem from my point of view is I failed to act on my own recommendation buying it instead for my mother and brother... that really burns me up.

NUVA Holding $24. This name was supposed to go down if Obama Health Plan was Ok'd it did not... perhaps a tell.

LL Lumber Liqidaters what a monster stock. My attempts to get in this name read like a blind kids attempt at pin the tail on the donkey-- I keep just missing. Once at $27 again at $29 and now the damn stock is $34.

WPRT- Looks interesting. I'm lucky enough to have some skin in the game at $30 area but it is a tiny position; Stock is now $37.50.

Ok... I guess we do have a Watch List Now... 9 NAMES THIS MORNING!!!! Wouldn't the sleepy heads over in the " stocks " section love some of this knowledge? SHHHHHHH. DON'T TELL THEM!

Lets continue to scorch the ball here, lets continue to have our private fun in Chit Chat... this way the anger will really build against Byron.

Yours In Stocks ~ stoney

WATCH LIST::::

AMRS

LF

TMO

EQIX

TLTHF

IOC

NUVA

LL

WPRT

#48     Jul 23, 2012
  9. Add one to Stoneys watch list. SD is testing the 6.80 area again. Follows oil, so will probably dip today. Buy the dip and/or any break towards 7. Company is run by the infamous Tom Ward, hated by one and all. If oil and Natty gas are going up, this one's a runner. If not, trade it between 6 and 7.

And for you sissy's that want your security blankie, try GAIN on for size. Pays a monthly divy with a yield of nearly 8%. Better than a CD, and about as safe as it get's in this market. To thin to trade it. Just a place to park some money.

#49     Jul 23, 2012
  10. Thanks for checking in Captain O!

Tom Ward the Australian street guitar sensation? Or Tom Ward the British stage and television actor? Or Tom Ward the professor at University of Alabama? Or Tom Ward CEO & Chair of SandRidge Energy? I'm leaning towards the professor

Tom Ward - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_WardTom Ward (born 11 January 1971) is a British film, stage and television actor.

Tom L. Ward - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_L._WardTom L. Ward is a prominent Oklahoma City businessman. He is the chairman and CEO at SandRidge Energy and is the former President, COO and co-founder ...
    Images for tom ward - Report images

Guitar by Tom Ward - YouTube

► 6:48► 6:48
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVeabyO6EGw
    Aug 20, 2011 - 7 min - Uploaded by asadnsu
    Tom Ward - a jaw dropping street guitarist in Sydney.

bama.ua.edu/~tward/Thomas B. Ward is professor of Psychology at the University of Alabama. His research focuses on the nature of concepts, including how they are acquired, ...

#50     Jul 23, 2012