Where My Head Is At

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stonedinvestor, May 21, 2012.

1. >>>>ALERT >>>> ALERT

IPad Boom Strains Lithium Supplies After Prices Triple
    - Jun 20, 2012 7:22 AM ET

Investors from JPMorgan Chase & Co. to BlackRock Inc. to the stonedinvestor are trying to make money from the exploding popularity of iPads and increasing sales of hybrid cars by investing in producers of lithium for batteries.

Prices for the conductive metal, the lightest in the periodic table, have tripled since 2000 in a market now worth $1 billion a year as uses expand in vehicles, ceramics, electronics and lubricants. Apple Inc. (AAPL) and Toyota Motor Corp. (7203), maker of the Prius electric-gasoline car, have few alternatives as they pursue higher performance and mobility, leading Dahlman Rose & Co. analysts to forecast lithium demand will double by 2020.

Talison Lithium Ltd. (TLH), whose shares have gained 22 percent in the last month, together with Soc. Quimica & Minera de Chile SA, Rockwood Holdings Inc. and FMC Corp. (FMC), account for almost 95 percent of world supply. Rio Tinto Group (RIO), the third-biggest mining company, may join the largest suppliers if it goes ahead with a mine in Serbia it says is capable of producing 20 percent of global output of the metal.

“There are some companies now that we think are attractive to get a hold of lithium exposure,” Evy Hambro, who manages about $13 billion in mining stocks for BlackRock in London, said in an interview. “We’ve got a small exposure today and we’re looking for some more,” he said without naming any companies...

“Anywhere between a doubling and a tripling of demand in the next 10 years is absolutely our view,” Peter Oliver, CEO of Talison, the biggest producer, said in an interview. “Maybe a doubling is with minimal impact from electric vehicles and if electric vehicles take off in a big way in the next 10 years it could be as much as tripling.”

Neil Gregson, manager of about $6.9 billion in natural resource assets at JPMorgan Asset Management, said in an interview in London he’s studying investing in the industry. “You can’t see any reason why that won’t be a high growth market for many, many years. It’s a very interesting area.”...

SQM, controlled by billionaire Julio Ponce, is the second- largest!!!!!!!!! followed by Rockwood, which is backed by Henry Kravis’s KKR & Co., and Philadelphia-based FMC. SQM stock has risen 2.1 percent this year, Rockwood 17 percent and FMC 20 percent.

Chile, the second-biggest producing country behind Australia, last week said it will award 20-year concessions to exploit lithium brine in salt lakes. The plan allows developers to mine as much as 100,000 metric tons of the mineral over 20 years...

#31     Jun 20, 2012
  2. One of my tricks to stay relevant and ahead of the pack is I stagger my account with stocks that have DOI " Dates Of Importance." Just as we nailed PCYC in front of ASCO conference so we flipped into a name that has an DOI in late July!

This way I can go away and farm in Ct for weeks and still have something to crow, I mean talk about here at ET. More importantly my accounts self churn and one way or another I'll have cash to invest in August.

June 12 Amarin (AMRN +2.3%) gains after Aegis Capital initiated the shares with a Buy this morning and a 12-month price target of $25. Aegis cites the "compelling efficacy" of the company's lead drug candidate, a heart drug derived from fish oil. Aegis notes the drug's ability to not only lower high levels of triglycerides but also LDL levels gives it an advantage over current omega-3 fatty acid- derived drugs currently on the market.

Have you heard of Omega-3 fatty acid? Of course you have, even the stupidest person on health issues knows omega-3 is good for you.
    AMRN's compound AMR101 (catchy name isn't it) is quite simply an ULTRA pure form of omega-3. AMRN plans to market for the treatment of patients with high triglyceride levels, or hypertriglyceridemia. But me thinks there is a much wider market to be shown...

- the FDA has assigned a Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) date of July 26, 2012.

CEO quote-
    With the MARINE indication PDUFA date in July 2012, we are advancing our business plan to maximize the value of AMR101 which we believe is differentiated in its class with the potential to redefine lipid management therapy.

The only currently marketed omega-3 prescription drug is GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK) LOVAZA which is a billion dollar drug despite FDA approval that is limited to patient's with very high triglycerides, others risk raising their bad cholesterol levels by taking Lovaza.

This is a major advantage of AMR101 that has a neutral effect on bad cholesterol.

Amarin has a market cap of $1.69 billion. The market for AMR101 as I see it is $3b once new indications are granted. That means AMRN can triple eventually or possibly be bought out for $39.00. On Just the newsflow into late July the stock can elevate to $28-$29.
    It's $13 now! ~stoney

#32     Jun 20, 2012
  3. If your goal is to run up you account and have it come all the way back down, no one will be giving you advice.

#33     Jun 20, 2012
  4. Well Wildtail I'm not the snotty type but you better brush up on your English-- this is still America. My goal-- you not so wise man--is to show you all here at boring ass ET what FUN & EXCITEMENT can still be had in a market that has gone no where for FIVE YEARS. Oh the stinking stagnation but not here, not between these ears.. with enough Hemp i have remained in the game and I am here to teach young fools and young sexy ladies alike how to stock dance!

Chemical & Mining Co. of Chile Inc. (SQM) -NYSE
    55.56 0.44(0.80%)

Vocus Inc. (VOCS) -NasdaqGS
    17.22 0.26(1.53%)

Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) -NasdaqGS
    41.49 0.33(0.80%)

Velti Plc (VELT) -NasdaqGS
    7.22 0.18(2.56%)

Those 4 from the ChitChat Portfolio look especially primed.

From thewatch List
    Star Scientific, Inc. (CIGX) -NasdaqGM
    4.8601 0.1901(4.07%) 3Xvol good vol b/o buy inclined
    Something is cooking here at the smokeless tobacco Star, there has been a long outstanding court case that I think they will win and then settle with the other major players. I'm thinking I want to own this stock but first i must find something to sell.

TrovaGene, Inc. (TROV) -NasdaqCM
    3.82 0.17(4.66%) 2Xvol still puke vol highly spec
    The thing about pee is if you see crackling, if it's too bubbly and almost like a crackling soup-- you got prostrate issues; if it's too dark you need water and too light- you are having a potassium/ magnesium drop out... that's how I see it. You can clean with it, especially around the toilet, you can splash guard against it and you can drink it once if you really have to.

Nuance Communications, Inc. (NUAN) -NasdaqGS
    22.92 0.39(1.71%) This stock is a buy and wants to go to $27. Buying now @ $22.90********

InterOil Corporation (IOC) -NYSE
    72.85 3.10(4.44%)- Time perhaps to take another look down Papua New Guinea way...

Cabela's Inc. (CAB) -NYSE
    37.93 1.15(3.13%) Overhead Resist $1 away!
    I think management is turning this country retailer around. Has anyone out here in ET land been to a Cabela's? They sell guns there. As a stock this could be a nice story. ~stoney

#34     Jun 20, 2012
  5. Everyone getz what they want. The Market is the ultimate playground for you to express your inner drives, frustrations, and pent up need to wipe out your account for the trill of truly living on the edge.

For that, I salute you, you bold risk taker.

Fo shizzle

#35     Jun 20, 2012
  6. hughb

hughb

Hi Stoney, love your thread here even though you beat me down on my VOCS short. And thanks for taking the high, (get it - "high"), road and not stooping down into food fites with people who are hostile toward you.

#36     Jun 20, 2012
  7. Yes quite right my first inclination was to fire back a response but really is that guy worth it? Some troll who has to dive way beneath forex trading and god knows how many other headers to find Chit Chat here on ET.

Nice late surge on Velti Plc (VELT)
    -NasdaqGS

7.44 Up 0.40(5.68%) 4:00PM EDT|After Hours: 7.45

#37     Jun 20, 2012
  8. I had dinner out with some web pro guys from some of the major stock sites-- most from one that sounds like cockpicker. I don't like these guys I put up with them. Anyway I guess ole' Byron is getting ready to sell ET to K mart or something. Something social... you see putting me down in Chit Chat was no accident, nor was it an attack on me-- IT WAS AN ATTEMPT TO SELL OUT!

Yup go to the stocks section here are your headers-
    Stocks
    Discuss specifc companies listed on the major exchanges. No penny stocks!

Anyone Betting on Facebook?Go to last post
    Only AppleGo to last post
    When to get out of CHK....Go to last post
    Facebook - IPOGo to last post
    starwood vs marriotGo to last post

Wake Up! Then go see how many responses come to these lame o threads... 6 here 15 there, 10 there... IT'S A BARON WASTELAND! I MEAN BYRON WASTELAND! Holy crap in the old days the stocks section was happening, everyone read it and the average responses rate was in the 300's! Ha ha ha. Oh how we have fallen. Now Byron is lucky if twelve people respond to a Lead page Thread! It's self suicide in the online publishing world! It's the markets fault I know that, Jimmy Crammer gets booed out of his favorite diner now-- I know I was there booing! Up in Mt Kisco he was visiting. That jerk still owes me a T shirt... long story. It's the lack of an exciting market that has killed all these sites-- remember Smart money! ha ha ha.

Anyway it's all Social now all the time. I know believe me I sold my website domain that I sat on for years 420friendly just this last year to a social site and I don't mind telling you I'm sitting on another big money maker...I've seen the future. And it includes coffee & oral sex!

So ET wants to beef up their " social offerings..." that's the word, so thus how do they get everyone to troll on down to Chit Chat... yup you stick the stonedinvestor there.

The trouble with all of this is I'm famous by google standards... they track my blogging in season over at BBWC which is for NY GIANT fans only and they track my stock picks from here. They assign me a power # in the blog world which is pretty high. I'm used to getting 700 or 1000 responses on a great thread and those virtual eyeballs are noticed by Google in a big way. I've even started my own Pop Culture/comedy Blog at Google's request.

So the cats out of the ole' ET bag isn't it?

Ok. It's thursday. One more day til Friday and then It's kind of end of year!!!

Yup Mon-wed-thurs at Fire Island then up to Ct for a month. NEVER FEAR this year I'm bringing my back up computer and my Elite Trader password with me so I'll be able to send you all updates on these positions from farmville. Not from my house of course, I'll have to trek into town and go to the lesbian coffee shop. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Wi Fi is wifi.

Well research takes it's own twists and turns and after buying SQM I'm now looking at another LITHIUM maker... this story is very interesting to me because as an IPO this stock was much higher and even had GS and some other big wigs buying in... this story is about a little outfit in Australia that happened to also cross it's 200 day yesterday! Talk about timely.

With the new TSLA car coming son and the mania for tablets this LITHIUM story is going to stay hot, vying for Rare Earth in the short supply department.

Today we look at: TLTHF. ~stoney

#38     Jun 21, 2012
  9. Folks, I'm not seeing enough volume in TLTH to be able to buy it. The stock does trade in Toronto under the symbol TLH.TO...

whatever. I'm adding Cabela's!

Alert Alert

Cabela's P/E 16 >> consensus target price of $44 per share.

Marketwatch reported recently that Reuben Mark, the former CEO of Colgate, who's a Cabela's director, has been buying up stock in the company -- 80,000 shares in May -- and the stock price has gone up all five times he's bought stock.

You know the stock was $35 to $36 then and here we are with more of the turnaround in place. I've been hovering over this name for about 3/4 of a year... there's potential here to have a real nice retail story, I think finally the time has come to Buy CAB.@$37.35.

Ok. I'm basically done. I've told the hedge fund I'm done so anything from here will be nip and tucking in the spec account. That pee stock maybe... TROV. Don't forget ATRS rings the Nasdak bell tomorrow and they are a good little bio (formally AIS)... CIGX... Later today I'll check on our daytrade SMBL from the other day. Never sure how many days to let these " Day Trades " play out. ~stoney

#39     Jun 21, 2012
  10. Lithium batteries can be molded into fun shapes!

They have a high energy to weight ratio.

Talison Lithium Inc. is the world’s largest primary lithium producer – production from its Australian operation fills roughly a third of the world’s lithium demand and supplies 75% of Chinese demand.

- is China slowing though?

Talison began trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange September 22nd 2010. The company’s initial public offering (IPO) raised $40 million. An additional bought deal financing of $80 million,

This money is being used to nearly double production at their Greenbushes lithium mining operation in Australia, and exploration at their new Salares 7 project in Chile.

-- Here's where we get freaky Goldman Sachs is in on this Salares 7 project this is deep cover folks!

The Greenbushes Lithium Operation has been producing lithium for over 25 years.

– Greenbushes mineral reserve is unique, it grades 50% spodumene. This makes Greenbushes the highest grade lithium mineral resource in the world at 3.9%

-Talison’s Greenbushes lithium mineral resource is open along strike and at depth so there is significant potential to increase lithium mineral reserves and mineral resources extending the life of mine

-Talison is the only primary pure lithium produce and the only one not producing from brine operations in South America.

-***Talison’s IPO completed the merger between itself and Vancouver based Salares Lithium Inc. Talison bought Salares Lithium to get control of of their early stage Salares 7 lithium brine project in Chile.

-- Sweet sweet Chile brine!

--Talison’s “Salares 7″ project is siutated in the Atacama Desert, Chile. Talison controls 100% of five of the salares.

--Talison is the largest lithium producer globally by sales since 2009
    Talison has been included in the Solactive Global Lithium Index. Global X Lithium is the world’s first lithium based Exchange Traded Fund (ETF)

--Talison is producing at capacity and sells 100% of its production.

There are forecasted to be one million electric vehicles (EV) on the road, just in the US, by 2015 –

Goldman bought it along with Fortress I believe when this company was private but they did not sell out although they should have. The IPO was up around $5 and here we are at $3.80.

Prior to the Arrangement, the Company was a private issuer and the
    Offeror and certain direct or indirect subsidiaries of GS Group
    beneficially owned and controlled 11,270,431 Shares (the "Offeror
    Shares"). The Offeror did not acquire any additional Shares in
    connection with the Arrangement. On September 23, 2010, in connection
    with the Arrangement, the Shares commenced trading on the Toronto
    Stock Exchange ("TSX") under the symbol "TLH". Following the
    completion of the Arrangement, the Offeror Shares represented
    approximately 12.78% of the issued and outstanding Shares of the
    Company.
    3. The designation and number or principal amount of securities and the
    offeror's securityholding percentage in the class of securities
    immediately after the transaction or occurrence giving rise to the
    obligation to file a news release.
    Following the completion of the Arrangement noted in item 2 above,
    the Offeror and certain direct or indirect subsidiaries of GS Group
    beneficially owned and controlled 11,270,431 Shares, representing
    approximately 12.78% of the issued and outstanding Shares of the
    Company.

>> In Toronto the stk is just turning up... Volume too weak here...
    54,000 traded in Toronto.... Hummm. No don't do it stoney... stay focused it's only Lithium... you can't smoke it just inhale it I guess and talk all funny... no wait that's helium! Why do I want to get drunk right now?

Bet your financial analyst never told you that! ~si

#40     Jun 21, 2012