Where My Head Is At

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stonedinvestor, May 21, 2012.

1. hughb

hughb

Stoney, you're killing me over here. I'm short VOCS from 15.54, my stop is at 16.85.

#21     Jun 19, 2012
  2. hugh- no doubt you watched as VOCS never lost $15 handle when the Naz went down about 40 quick points recently! The RS told me to add to the position! So many other socks like NUAN and QLIK retreated, VOCS never did. The holders are strong.

After what you have read here research wise I'm very surprised anyone here at ET would be short VOCS. Out of respect for you hugh I'm not going to do what I was going to do today which was get in touch with a certain sales team over at SN with the intent of drumming up some buy orders for this under the radar name.

Well I'm in the mood to make some quick money today. Maybe a day trade. Stay tuned the research begins now! Today is the type of day to take great risk, to roll that dice to feel alive... even if it's just until Spain implodes. ~stoney

#22     Jun 19, 2012
  3. 50/50

50/50

Great rant

#23     Jun 19, 2012
  4. Here we go folks in FULL position SQM. @ $54.50
    Look at that chart...

300 shares only NUS @$44.00 Looking for rebound to $48-$49

Daytrade: SMBL I got in VERY late @ $8.30 Hoping for $8.80

Watching:

NUAN

CIGX

ZUMZ

AMRN

TROV

LL (I'll just watch it to $50!!!!!)

~stoney

#24     Jun 19, 2012
  5. Big NEWS!

WE HAVE SOLD PCYC @ $42.75!

Over $12,000 gain!!!!!

And more importantly have entered AMRN just over $13.00!!!

I'm very late for my last workout of the year! (I take July and Aug off) ~si

#25     Jun 19, 2012
  6. hughb

hughb

Stopped out this morning at 16.84.

#26     Jun 19, 2012
  7. And that's without volume Hugh! Well now that you are safely off the playing field and I don't think anyone else here at ET is short-- I guess I can get this jump started. The story needs to be told starting tomorrow!

Ok PKT really perked up while I was bending over with one foot on a bench and lifting heavy balls. I should of left a chip there-- but that's what afternoons are for.

ZUMZ- has come back to a break out point and might be a good pick up here at just over $40.00. They sell to the goth set, a very young crowd who are just as apt to steal the clothes or intertwine them into lip piercings as they are to buy them. However this regional retail play is making shopping fun again for these poor morose kids with no future.
    ZUMZ bought an Austrian retailer today since ZUMZ sells extreme sport and snow gear this can be seen as a backdoor entry into Europe here. The company they bought Blue Tomato has a nice web presence.

Those two would be my High Buys this afternoon.
    Lets think about it while we lunch on Tuna Fish & Fountain Cokes! ~stoney

#27     Jun 19, 2012
  8. Ok Chit Chatters

Let's Do This!

YES TO PKT @ $ $22.40. Why? I'll explain later but these guys are moving into new markets! Low Volume powerful chart.

I'm on the fence here with ZumZ It's put in a interday double bottom at $40.50 with $40 being a 52 week break out... It looks yummy. Now $40.60

Some of you probably know AIS... I made a bundle on this name from $1 something last year... well they're hanging around, switched to Nasdaq and are now ATRS. Interesting little bio with money flow. By that I mean they make some money on royalties already. They ring the bell Friday so not sure if that matters.

Tomorrow will be ATRS day I'm pretty sure....

I've got a session with a Chinese healer so I have to leave in an hour.
    I'm getting an energy transfer, boosting my immune system I just hope he doesn't freak out with these lumps on my back. ~stoney

#28     Jun 19, 2012
  9. YES on ZUMZ!

I'm taking a position in this teen retailer I like the fact that it holds that now triple bottom at $40.50. Going in now looks like $40.70- $41.00 area.

NUAN looks very strong. The hedge fund likes it. My only problem is who knows the markets reaction to the fed? I just bought PKT but I'm pretty sure the portfolio needs NUAN.

I've put that decision off til tomorrow.

I've watched this Lumber Liquidators march from $27 - $33!!!! So mad at myself... CAB is not a bad stock I'm probably about ready to watch that one take off too... It's tough finding the funds to invest... got to rotate those mid term holds sometimes...

Well we've had a busy day... we've unloaded yet another grouping of great stocks on you, stocks you won't find on any television show Cramer! Or in your average talking heads recommendation...

This thread pretty much called a bottom for the market as well. With all that blabber all that wasted space in " Markets " and " stocks " the real work got done here in Chit Chat. Have enough folks seen it and benefited? Well that's on Byron he really messed up this time. Finally someone was talking sense and he threw it down in Chit Chat. He has some accounting to do if not to me to his Web Master... they all have one, don't let them fool you... the biggest bigs in this industry all kiss the boot of someone else usually in publishing.

Now we got folks excited again and got them invested again! Ben Bernake Now is not the time to stop the fun!

Remember the phrase Knee high by July!
    The Fed is going to raise his allowance of inflation expectations that will indicate that the fertalizer stocks can go crazy and we get that game going again.
    Not sure about TWIST and the rest.

My own view if I was Fed is I would bring the market another rescue package I'd sell the bond portfolio the gov has and drive up rates! I'd X those $'s by twelve and buy stocks... I'd say listen that bit about keeping rates low forever that's off the table now-- I monitor, I might raise but I have a higher target level allowance for inflation...

Then I let it go. I tell Germany to borrow as much as they can now at low rates and convert them into some form of Euro Bond... for instance. If Germany can borrow 3 billion at 2-3% then they can issue bonds that pay back at 3-4% it's easy and for Spain that 4% looks a lot better than 7%!

Vooooollllah I've solved everything except next Tight End for the Giants! Well, it's time to have the ancient man squeeze my head and say how much it hurt 1-10. When he get's up around the knobby area below the back of the head it shoots up to 10 pretty quick... he'll bend my leg backwards and poke in that crevice behind the knee and I will say TEN!!!! And he will test my organs and I hope they pass and bring from within the power I need. ~stoney

#29     Jun 19, 2012
  10. Good Summer solstice blessed traders and Chit Chatters everywhere.
    Jah Love.

I am now officially a year older. For so many years I have walked this earth. Before cell phones, before email, before computers- I was there when life was simple.

The lumps on my back shoulder are all but gone. the Master L gave me such a good treatment. Chinese health, how they attain it often without meds is so very interesting. Did you ever think when was the last time your back was scratched? Scratched isn't the right word-- there's a move when he reaches down and flicks up with his nail on pressure points... Did you ever wonder about parts of your body that are never touched? Never manipulated, never freed up.. oh those pounds on the back that clear out these lungs what am I going to do when this great man stops his work?

Without him I'd be a mess I'm sure as I have a lot of issues but that's for a " Health " Forum and this of course is CHIT CHAT. Go ahead and read the headers for Stocks today? Do you want to just kill yourself? This site has become dreadfully boring, repetitive and what's worse it has no good stock ideas. These Mods who I once so respected are running ET into the ground. Why?

Some rookie thought they would teach me a lesson. Can you imagine that? After all this time.

Alright, my my thoughts today are on portfolio positions VOCS & SQM..... later I will stare at my pee and see if it tells me anything. The Chinese do this and in fact a new biotech company does this-- TROV, they read pee and detect cancers, I want to research that today AND provide you all updates on this thread's picks. For instance, why did we buy AMRN yesterday and what do they do?

June 20, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- via PRWEB - Vocus, Inc. (release after hugh sells) Hold for Wed.

(VOCS), a leading provider of cloud marketing software, today announced a 14-day free trial of its Facebook Apps. Vocus Facebook Apps is one module of the premium Vocus Marketing Suite. As a standalone product, users will be able to use as many of the 17 different Facebook Apps as they'd like for 14 days, with five different subscription options starting at $19.99 thereafter.

>>>> ALERT ALERT VOCS IS A PLAY ON FACEBOOK WHO WOULD OF THUNK IT!

Vocus Facebook Apps are based on the technology acquired from North Social in 2011 and has been integrated into the Vocus platform. Some of the most popular Facebook Apps used include Fan Offer, which offers coupons to loyal fans, and Exclusive, where a set number of registrants must sign up before a deal is un-locked, and the Video Channel, which enables users to integrate and organize YouTube videos within their Facebook pages. YES!

Registration is simple and easy and designed to provide free trial participants access to install and customize Facebook Apps within a minute. The free trial will not include integrated HARO queries, PRWeb releases or Vocus Social Marketing which are available in the premium Vocus Marketing Suite. WONDER IF THEY'LL GET TRICKLE OVER!

Vocus is a leading provider of cloud marketing DID I HEAR THAT WORD CLOUD AGAIN!software that helps businesses reach and influence buyers across social networks, online and through media. Vocus provides an integrated suite that combines social marketing, search marketing, email marketing and publicity into a comprehensive solution to help businesses attract, engage and retain customers. Vocus software is used by more than 120,000 organizations worldwide and is available in seven languages.

#30     Jun 20, 2012