Where My Head Is At

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stonedinvestor, May 21, 2012.

1. Hey Stoney, long time no chat. Let me pick your brain on PETM. I've been a long time holder since the days of, if you weren't in tech you weren't shit. Back whe PETM was trading at 3-4 bucks a share. It's had a hell of a run, especially this week. Looks like a short to me to 50 or so, and then buy back. What ya think?

#11     May 24, 2012
  2. I hope you all have bought VOCS. This is a nifty $15 stock!

Insiders have been BUYING!- JUST ABOVE YOU!!!!!!!
    Vocus Inc. (VOCS):
    Shares of this marketing software company were acquired by four insiders:

Chairman, CEO and President Richard E. Rudman acquired 60,000 shares, paying $15.99 per share for a total amount of $959,400. Mr. Rudman increased his stake by 11.53% to 580,185 shares with this purchase.

EVP, CFO and Secretary Stephen A. Vintz acquired 15,000 shares, paying $15.99 per share for a total amount of $239,850. Mr. Vintz increased his stake by 15.19% to 113,772 shares with this purchase.

Director Kevin J. Burns acquired 10,000 shares, paying $16.07 per share for a total amount of $160,700. Mr. Burns increased his stake by 39.06% to 35,602 shares with this purchase.

EVP and COO William Raymond Wagner acquired 1,500 shares, paying $16.24 per share for a total amount of $24,360. Mr. Wagner increased his stake by 1.46% to 103,998 shares with this purchase.

Here's a tiny blurb from the VOCS conference call via Seeking Alpha- whole event here- http://seekingalpha.com/article/132163-vocus-inc-f1q09-earnings-call-transcript

I would like to take a moment to look beyond the short-term economic situation and talk briefly about our longer term opportunities and plans. Vocus remains the emerging leader on the large and unpenetrated market for public relation software. While Vocus plans to end the year with over 4000 customers, we believe the market for PR software consists of over 150,000 large and midsize organizations in the US alone. We are transforming this market with our on-demand software for media relations, news distribution and news monitoring with automated analysis.

In small business market, PRWeb is introducing the advantages of public relations and online visibility to an entirely new market. The million of small businesses that could use PRWeb to promote their businesses online drive traffic to the website and increase sales. These markets together with similar opportunities in Europe and Asia represent a total available market opportunity in excess of $6 billion.

>>>>
    Emerging Leader. $6 billion with a B market...

Yea you can read all day about QCOM and APPL and CMG or you can be in on a much lower floor.

Short Term Target -$17.60 Then mid $20's. ~stoney

#12     May 24, 2012
  3. Hello Captain O!

A great name from the past. Yes I would sell today on a big up break out 5 year day.and possibly go short if you're into that back to $55.

Although a clear leader I don't think the discount structure is there for PETM and in hard times people will bulk shop discount for their pets and supplies. Barons is telling folks to get out.

Great Trade. You're out!

Replacement? DSW. ~stoney

#13     May 24, 2012
  4. ADDING BLDR @$4.00

This will be next weeks big mover I think, as housing has bottomed and these type of weird housing plays are doing really well. Chart is sweet, calmer minds should wait for a break North of $4.50.

Another name to consider is Lumber Liquidators LL. Captain O I'd even go here over DSW-- as this is an area I want exposure in--
    hard wood floors. ~stoney

#14     May 24, 2012
  5. i think not.

so u r long at 4.00

closed at 3.97

there are others wayz to get your wood hard.

sparking one up.

cheers,

s

:cool:

#15     May 26, 2012
  6. Good morning folks.

Yes BLDR is the place you want to be shopster for this week and next.
    I am expecting a 20% plus move.

As well lets keep an eye on my number 1 idea from the watch list now-

AUTH.

Folks I've had a hard time of it the past few days I don't mind telling you. Everything was fine and then one night I must of lifted the darn dog up to the bed, Clyde weighs 120 now as he is 12 years old and no longer can exercise the way he did; I must not of got myself together and balanced right, I have this move in which I bend down and Clyde puts a leg on my left forearm and I swoop him up... well I basically did that in my sleep, pulled something horrible in my shoulder blade all the way down to my elbow. The pain has been unreal, I don't sleep, I spend my mornings from 4:00 on moaning in a bathtub. I've got strange blisters now in the hurt area and the pain wraps all the way around my side towards my... well you know the beat beat thing lives over there. I'm afraid of Dr's but I'm probably going to have to see one today.

Anyway That's unfortunately where My Head is At this morning as OUR RALLY BEGINS TO TAKE SHAPE!!! ~stoney

WATCHING

AUTH

ISIS

CAB

#16     May 29, 2012
  7. Stoney!

That is f*cked up. I pull muscles rolling over in bed from time to time; your pain sounds intense.

Get well.

peace

hedvig

#17     May 29, 2012
  8. Sucking it up and going to the Dr. Hoping to get Naproxin, that worked for me once before with a back issue.

Just went long AUTH as it crossed past $4.00 with some good volume.

The only other name I want to get long for this period & this thread is perhaps Lumber Liquidators. LL. If not them... then CAB, Cabellas.~si

#18     May 29, 2012
  9. PRX is down hard and I have no idea why. We have two lots at $27 & $29 and we were happily at $31.50 what seems like a minute ago. Unfortunately or perhaps fortunately my guy just kicks the stock out if the idea reverses. So I returned from the Dr to find out I am out of PRX already. Down a buck on one lot and up a buck on the other.

Now were getting places!

More importantly I just found out I have Shingles.

In a way I'm relieved because left side pain is a heart attack warning but I'm not sure how long I've had the blisters on my back and the pain started last Monday- if you don't nab this virus quick it can mess with you.
    I've also lost 13 pounds in six days.

Anyway LL or USG will most likely replace PRX in the next few days.
    I like building related names here a lot-- ~stoney

(PS Court ruling on Lovaza. Generics would infringe patents. That's the word. Great. Finally get a clean chart and the ole' court ruling....)

#19     May 29, 2012
  10. Monday. Hello Everyone it has happened! The end is here. "The Closer" will be coming to my apt on Friday. The Closer will seal this refinance deal I have been working on for so long and this long, long journey will be done.

15 years 3.37% fixed. Now I can breath a bit easier, although I will ironically be paying more a month than I am now, my loan will wrap up in 15 years vs 30. And as I'm getting older and in fact having a birthday this very week... I'll take those 15 years. My rate down from 5.7% which was about to run amok and free.

I can say a few things. First with a refinance, have your house appraised in the spring if it's a country house. My place is up in the Litchfield Hills and in winter it can look harsh. In full bloom the property looked so much better the valuation of the house moved $200,000!!!!

Keep in mind I had a complete chump the first time who didn't understand the value of my particular home & the second time I got a female and I think the beauty of the grounds worked to my favor there and I'm working with a bank now- Chase that wants to get the loan done.

Previously I had been struggling with Bank Of America and US Trust by way of State Street Global. 3 banks who all own each other. None of them could help me. I have a trust with State Street but they got bought by US Trust who in turn may of been bought by BofA because they shuttled me there when I asked for help with a refinance and still I couldn't get it done.

I'm convinced these banks send one type of appraiser when they want to stall and make it look like you're underwater and force you to send them money... and when they want to strike a deal-they send another... After the first guy failed to give me credit for the famous architect who built my place the bank told me I'd have to pony up $60,000 to complete the loan effectively killing the deal. $600 later and a second appraisal and we're good to go.

Always spin the dial again and in season!

The housing market is firming. The second home market looks strong to me and seasonal rentals are up. This is in Ct but NYC is strong too. Rents are way to high and buying is happening. Credit remains a real bitch but as I have shown it can be done.

This rally is taking forever to get going! It's two steps back for every one forward, small tech has had no traction and our picks have done better than most but not good enough.

Bought PCYC (@$29.40)- What happened? The bio roared to $40 plus! Gain over $10,000!!!! WAY UP

Boughtr VELT (@$6.75) What happened? Absolutely nada @ $6.71 presently. FLAT

Bought VOCS (@$15.80) What happened? VOCS held up well in tech sell off and is poised for a run. Now $16.40 UP

Bought BLDR @$4.00. What happened? She went down a bit and came back strong. Right stock, right place, right time, right price- Now $4.35 UP (I will end this thread when BLDR hit's $6.75.)

Bought AUTH as it crossed past $4.00. What happened? She went all the way to $5! Most would say they sold when rumors of not being in the new i-phone came out... I am however still in the name. Now $ 4.60. UP

Two Tech stocks I had bought a bit earlier and thus have suffered two mini corrections werre mentioned in this thread are
    QLIK (Bought @$24.50) Now $23.11 Down
    TIBX (Bought @$29.00) Now $27 Down

Down on both! But the market has been harsh and tech has been distributed pretty good. I'm not so hot on tech anymore my most recent buy was housing related: I went into USG @$14.75 and it's looked very good Now $17.00. Wall board. back to normalized earnings story.

I've been looking hard at SQM all day today. Various reasons. Interesting chart, upside to run, interesting sector- SA stock sells into farming and Brazil with Ag and Electric batteries with Lithium. I'll write it up tomorrow. Fed meeting may help free UP this stock and get it going for a quick $8 run.

I do like one tech stock PKT but the sector needs to show me more this earnings season. Holding QLIK & TIBX.

I continue to monitor ISIS-- Been burned twice before by this bio -- Now $11.00 began charting and watching just under $10.00. Big volume day would help.

ITRI took a big jump today. It's a powerful mid cap play on meter reading for water consumption. Always mixed feelings with this stock as the everyday consumer gets hit when these meters go in... Hello China as they say.

WATCHING: SQM,ISIS,ITRI, LL,PKT

Ok. We are caught up and we are up. We have done better than most but can do better. I'd like to say to all the folks that have had shingles out there - I've beaten it! Except for a big lump still on my shoulder.

My son exits grade 2 this Friday. My Dog Clyde faces a rough summer at age 12 and coming off LP surgery to the throat but he's gonna make it, I'm going to make it at least twice out to Fire Island. Can't find a place to stay yet but my wife's mother has a house out there so worse come to worse I'll get a few weekdays by the ocean. The great Atlantic.
    The rest of the time, I'll be in Ct working my garden it's gotten off to a bad start-- leaves are yellow and plants are small.

Dig we must. Yours ~ stoney

#20     Jun 18, 2012