Where is the right wing outrage?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Nov 6, 2009.

1. So I guess if say the president were murdered by some nut you wouldn't give it anymore thought than the other thousand murders that happen each day correct?

Just another murder right?

#11     Nov 7, 2009
  2. I wonder what Barry would have said if he were president during 9/11.

Maybe he would have started the news conference with a shout out to his homies on the south side and Kanye West congratulating him on MTV Music award and then to all the bitches and hoes in the audience.

Perhaps even asking everyone to put their hands in the air like they just don't care.

#12     Nov 7, 2009
  3. I let law enforcement do their job...

The knee jerk lynch mob mentality of the right wing is a small minded uncivilized approach to problem solving...

#13     Nov 7, 2009
  4. As long as he didn't invade two countries and start nation building, it really doesn't matter what he would have said...

#14     Nov 7, 2009
  5. No kidding, who the F does George W Bush think he is invading a country that housed, trained and contains terrorists who flew two jetliners into builidings in our country killing over 3,000 people?

The nerve of that SOB.

Barry would have immedialty apologized for our transgression.

#15     Nov 7, 2009
  6. Really?

Why is it when an abortion clinic is attacked you are the first one to label them a right wing nut job?

You are a clown.

#16     Nov 7, 2009
  7. When has an abortion clinic attacker ever not been a right wing nut job?

Never...

#17     Nov 7, 2009
  8. Dude, you are soooooo brainwashed...

15 of the 19 of the 9/11 attackers was Saudi...and the ridiculously stupid Bush attacked Iraq and began nation building...

Dumbest fucking president of all time, Bush...

#18     Nov 7, 2009
  9. Arnie

Arnie

So, I would assume you are against hate crime legislation? After all, "you are either crazy or a bigot/racist if you see more than the action itself"

#19     Nov 7, 2009
  10. "So, I would assume you are against hate crime legislation?"

I think you mean hate speech legislation.

Yes, I am against hate speech legislation in general, unless the hate speech is directly causal to violence resulting from said hate speech.

Now, if in the punishment phase of any convicted person, the judge or jury usually want to take into account the state of mind of the criminal...that is a different matter. We do punish by degree based on state of mind, intention, motivation, etc.

When it comes to speech legislation though, in my mind it is better to point out the logical flaws and fallacious reasoning in the hate mongers than to censor them.

Educate the people to how hate mongers used flawed arguments, emotionally driven appeals, demagoguery, etc. which will bring better long term results than unnecessary censorship.

A society that is afraid of words doesn't understand the real power is in ideas and the intentions...not in the words themselves.

#20     Nov 7, 2009