Where is the RESPECT?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OnGoing, May 1, 2004.

1. A girl phoned me the other day and said... Come on over, there's nobody home. I went over. Nobody was home. I get no respect. :-|

-Rodney Dangerfield

#11     May 1, 2004
  2. I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet! :-\

-Rodney Dangerfield

#12     May 1, 2004
  3. My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too!

I get no respect. :-\

-Rodney Dangerfield

#13     May 1, 2004
  4. When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.

I get no respect. :-\

-Rodney Dangerfield

#14     May 1, 2004

5. Couldn't resist, could you?

No matter that some of the most rabid and vicious diatribes on ET are from posters of various nationalities who hate America, or that there isn't fair reason to automatically assume a cantankerous poster is American... but then again you probably just said that to stir controversy and get attention as usual, so all I'm doing is granting your wish here.

"As a man speaketh in his heart, so is he."

The freedom of an anonymous message board allows people to show their true selves without repercussion. In some cases this a good thing. In many others it's an awful and ugly sight.

#15     May 1, 2004
  6. LOL...;-)

#16     May 1, 2004
  7. You take an enormous amount of satisfaction that you were able to "leave the necessity of humanity," communicate "without respect" with other human beings, and free yourself "from the need to be nice" - only because you were protected by the anonymity of cyberspace. People swear and interact with other human beings everyday, in the real world, face-to-face, with utter contempt and disrespect for each other. That you take pride in being allowed to treat total strangers horribly only because you're protected by the shield of the internet says two things:

1) You're a coward.

2) You actually yearn for the "freedom" to be able to treat others maliciously, and given the opportunity to do so, you will. In other words, you're psychotic.

Your post, if it is to be taken seriously, portrays you as the type of person who, if absolved from personal responsibility via the elimination of laws and penalties, would commit the most heinous acts and revel in them.

An image of you in a black SS uniform Sieg Heil-ing your image in the mirror then perusing your videotapes of Auschwitz, Rwanda, and, probably, "Bumfights," comes to mind.

You're a closet sadist who just outed himself.

#17     May 1, 2004
  8. "As a man speaketh in his heart, so is he."

SO SAITH THE LORD! SO SAITH THE FLOCK! :-\

#18     May 1, 2004
  9. BSAM

BSAM

dh.....

Did you mean?: For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:.....

(Proverbs 23:7)

#19     May 1, 2004

10. yes, thanks for the catch

#20     May 1, 2004